Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build competitions and Events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimplyTheJeqqest, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hello fellow MegaCraftians,

Today I'm here to talk about the Events such as "monthly build competition", gonna call it MBC from now on. When I first heard that events were going to be implemented to Mega and this MBC was finally gonna be a thing, I was super excited! However after the first month or so, it just kinda died in my opinion. I'll be asking several questions while writing this thread and also put the questions down below so you can answer to them if you wish to do so. I'll also be giving some critic and suggestions how things could possibly be fixed. Ideas that staff and the community can evolve either together or alone.

I was not really sure if I could make this thread either on "Suggestions" section or in "General Discussion" but as you can see I ended up posting it here since this is more like community discussion about this big topic.

MBC - Monthly Build Competition

I'm gonna be straight here. I think MegaCreative should focus on Events much more than what they've done so far. Even if we have MBCs, the system is very UN-organized and the advertising for it is very poor. About the advertising for the BMCs, 1 thread every month would be kind of needless in my opinion. Why wont we just make 1 thread about the whole idea of BMC and include every needed information on it. Now when we have 1 thread that explains all that new player needs to know before joining it, we can advertise this one thread on the server announcements to let people who don't use forums that often know about it too. I also think this might bring even more players to the forums. (I have answers for most of the questions you have about this system so feel free to ask if you got any!) Question #1: Do you think this would work? If not, what could we do instead? One last thing I would like to say about MBCs, I do not think VIP for one month will create enough attention to make more people interested to join. Maybe we could temporarily give the winner colored name for a month. (Kind of what we did when @AntonyIzADuck and @marciusp won the build comp back in the days when we had that 24h event day) I'm 100% sure people will be asking "How did you get colored name?" and that way get familiar with this event.

Other events?

Question #2: Do we want/need other events? Creative server, yes, a lot of building. But should we try to pop out from the other servers even more by bringing something new and unique to the events. Feel free to comment down; Question #3: what would you like to see as a new Event? Before you get all excited and everything, keep in mind this is just an suggestion thread. These things are only for the community and staff to maybe get some ideas out of. What I'm saying is, I don't want million hate letters from you if you didn't get your suggestion added.

Question #1: Do you think this would work? If not, what could we do instead?
    Question #2: Do we want/need other events?
    Question #3: what would you like to see as a new Event?

Do you think this thread was helpful? If so, let me know! My mind is full of ideas I would like to discuss with you guys! Until we see again, have a great day everyone!

regards,

Jeqqe

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Samiiii

Retired Staff

yeah..rly pissed me off

NICE IDEA M8

3. marciusp

Question #1: Do you think this would work? If not, what could we do instead?

I think we need both monthly posts and an information board on the server (or a big post here that would cover the rules, the prizes, etc. etc.). The reason behind that is simple, we both need a way to show off the winner and inform of the theme for the month, well, monthly AND we need a general post where all of the information would be provided. The monthly post should have these few things: "Congratulations to *insert name here* for winning this months Build Competition!", a screenshot that would feature their build and lastly "This months theme is: *insert theme here*! Good luck!" or something. As for the prizes, there should be 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. 1st place - coloured name (or a custom prefix) and VIP for a month, 2nd place should have a coloured name for 2 weeks and 3rd place should get a coloured nick for a week.

Question #2: Do we want/need other events?

We might, considering the server is growing.

Question #3: what would you like to see as a new Event?

I wanna toss out the idea of mini build competitions. Would happen 2-3 times a month, last 72 hours, 1st place gets a coloured nickname for 2 weeks.
    I dunno if a drop party would make sense, but you could drop mushroom blocks, double stone slabs, basically, items you can't obtain through the creative menu. Then there's speedy armor and custom items named after the staff members or something, would be kinda fun to collect em' all.
    That's more or less my opinion on this topic, enjoy reading it c; Peace - out.

Mark | Martin | marciusp​

4. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

I agree with you about the fact that the winners needs to be announced and yea some kind of monthly thread should be there to announce the winners and next months theme etc. However, I don't agree with you about the colored names for 2nd place and 3rd place. Simply for reason that has been brought up multiple times on forums already, which is "The chat is already colorful enough". I was unsure about suggesting the colored name for the price but thought that if its only for the winner, it shouldn't mess the chat up too much.

I also like your idea of the mini- Build competitions but disagree with the colored price once again. I believe I've talked with some of the staff about these build competitions that staff could actually start when there is enough people to join. Basically it would work as a normal build competition, time being somewhere between 10min-60min etc. Anything above that would just be too much like the monthly build competition in my opinion. What do you think? Definitely cool idea in my opinion, only problem would probably be the amount of worlds being created for each of these events. One for Monthly, one for these smaller ones? Is that too much?

Moving on to your another suggestion I kind of really liked! ^.^ This "Collect them all" thing, I see potential on it. What if we could actually use these as like an reward system on the server. You get them from the events or something? I don't know yet. I shall look into this idea and maybe make new thread about it with much more detail and examples.

Thanks for the reply!

Jeqqe~