Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

Censorship on MegaCraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lifekiller43_, Dec 21, 2016.

1. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Okay, First of all this is one of the rants that i stress the most, and the amount of hypocrisy into this was just phenomenal, but to see that blue and some of the staff team saying that they're open to criticism, is definitely a lie, either that, or they just forgot the definition of "Open Criticism" Now, i am not going to rant FULLY on why this is important anymore simply because when i do, it's completely ignored by blue and some staff members, and they completely nay-say any situation or issue i am trying to help solve, or at least confronting the issue. So, take this as an "interpretation" for the following screenshot.
    https://gyazo.com/976a7c853a7f86647a5ce707654365d8

in this screenshot you can clearly see i titled it "Retarded Rule" it wasn't "just because" it was because that's how i felt about the rule, it was retarded and the rule didn't really need to be there. As you can see there was only one joke about one thing and somehow it got locked, i really don't know how a person can say that this isn't censorship when clearly they locked it for a retarded reason linking with the censorship/criticism of trying to make this server a better place for mostly everyone instead of people arguing.

https://gyazo.com/783c2086bf43f2470c4792f046e9b142

Okay so again, @therealjojo thread about mega and how it needs to be improved also got locked, now there was only one post that was off topic (But it still had more potential replies) again, more censorship for megas criticism.

https://gyazo.com/c8615f2936fdf3bc05c1a0c1211e4119

this was my thread on mega that was longer than @therealjojo (hhahahah you piece of crap jk ily child) i got mine locked too for no reason, this was obviously censorship because it was related to mega, and its flaws. seeing that the last reply was "Was that really necessary" to trist, i am not entirely sure if they were trying to censor it, but seeing that the theme of most staff members locking threads always linked to either spam, or a thread criticizing mega, i also figured out that whenever a donator tries to make a thread that is criticizing mega, their thread (most likely) doesn't get locked, they apparently have a higher voice because of them donating a few extra dollars they had laying around.

Gee i hope pointing out Megacrafts BS won't get me banned off of forums like last time.

-Lifekiller43

• Like Like x 1
  2. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

@lifekiller43_
    Oh there is a thread that could cause drama and then we need to solve it. This cause work -THREAD LOCKED
    Critism about megacraft? Someone could write suggestions to improve. Hm and then we have to work. Staff team don't likes work. - THREAD LOCKED
    They just wanna have their staff tag ingame won't do anything for it. They do nothing except reviewing plots, moderating the chat and post sometimes something on the forums. Being staff (particularly being an Admin) is more than clicking some keys ingame. And if you are going to tell me that your @Admin job hard is, you don't know what a real admin does. You don't know anything about managing and marketing of a server.
    No offense, I won't blame the staff team for this but this is how the server presents to me right now. Maybe I'm wrong but then convince me from the opposite. My statement is that the current staff team is afraid of work.

~NotMyFault

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. therealjojo

comment while you can bois

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

There is definitely truth to your statement and I can't speak for the entire staff team but the problem with threads like this is that it becomes a front for hate comments against staff which is not what this kind of thing should be. People love to jump on a bandwagon of "rebellion" just to make themselves feel strong or something idk. I understand that some people are genuinely annoyed with the server and that pent up anger calls for some pretty controversial posts, but we as staff are faced with the dilemma of either letting people's opinions be heard but keeping the hate on the threads, or deleting the thread meaning that people's opinions are not heard. In these kind of threads, unfortunately it seems like we got a lot more hate than constructive criticism which generally leads to the second "solution" to be put into place. I'm not gonna lock this thread right now.

Hopefully we can get more out of this thread than we do from other "hate" threads by keeping it unlocked.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

I have to agree with you. Many people can't distinguish between hate, a neutral statement or criticism.
    Maybe there are some changes in the future...

6. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

the ones that i showed you didn't really have any hate comments towards staff. And if it did, What if they deserved it? I mean, not to sound like a savage or a mean person, but, tbh when people don't listen to you at all and they're like a wall, you have to wake them up. Mostly when you criticize staff sometimes they will be open to it and sometimes they would take it as an offense and become an asshole and punish you. Sometimes the hate comments can be justified.

7. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I am glad that you're staff, you're actually open to criticism, you're good because of it, i feel like you out of a few other staff members have actually took the criticism correctly and applied it when you were being staff on the server. Sid is an actual example of someone taking criticism correctly, if we had more of him, we wouldn't be in such a mess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

a lot of people also jumps on the "Everything's fine you idiot!" bandwagon, (Depends on who's actually creating the thread)

9. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i've only seen a few hate threads and they were straight up screaming and cussing at you, again, sometimes the hate can be justified, it all depends.

10. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

no we don't... In my opinion it is really easy to find out if one has constructive criticism and if the other thread has a hate thread against staff.

11. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

whoops....... Anyways Fault you were also good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION FOR MEGA! (this is still on topic and is not an old thread)

STAY OPEN TO CRITICISM!

14. _Brokencrystal_

how about doing that one after "not dying"

• Agree Agree x 1