Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes to the KitPvP Classes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheRedstoneBlaze, Oct 23, 2016.

1. trbz_

Right now, KitPvP is okay. It's not bad, but there is a lot to be improved upon. Here, I'd like to suggest some changes.

General
    - Remove all [Refill] signs. All kits will now have a way to get their items back, as discussed later on in this thread.
    - We can re-arrange our items in any way we want. This would also mean removing the /kits chest. It's not that hard to type "/kits"
    - Shields are always in our inventory. With item re-arrangement, we can put them in our off hand if we want them there or in their own slot if not. This is so that it doesn't take ages to raise the shield, because right now you have to wait for the shield to spawn in and THEN wait for it to raise.
    - Also, there's a bug with class effects. Right now, the effect is only applied when you click the kit. If you respawn, the effect isn't there, and you have to re-click the kit.

Armor Key: L = Leather; G = Gold, C = Chain, F = Iron, D = Diamond

Archer

Current Kit: 11 Armor (LCCL); Stone Sword; Bow; 32 Arrows

Being a long-range class, Archer shouldn't have more armor that one melee class and the same as another. Also, without [Refill] signs, arrows should regen. Another problem is bowspam. Let's kill two birds with one stone and give a small stack of regenerating arrows

New Kit: 9 Armor (LCLL); Stone Sword; Bow; 4 arrows (regen 1 arrow every 3 seconds)

The first upgrade still doubles stack size, which is now 8. With 4 slowly regenerating arrows, the Archer cannot bowspam for knockback at close range. You can still charge and fire at close range for good damage.

Tank

Current Kit: 15 Armor (CFFF); Stone Sword; Strength I; 1 Gold Apple

The Tank is supposed to have high defense and low-mid damage. Right now it has both the best armor AND damage in the game (Strength I is +3 damage, so 8 damage). This is a problem. We already have high damage classes, so this should just be a high defense class. Also, items should regen somehow

New Kit: 17 Armor (FDFF); Slow I; Wood Sword; Slow II for 0:01 on hit; 1 Gold Apple (regen 1 on kill)

Now he has more armor, but deals a little less damage and is slower. However, don't let that fool you. On hit, you will be giving Slow II, making it hard to escape. Also, whenever you get a kill you regenerate one apple (upgrades stay the same), adding sort of a bloodlust effect.

Vampire

Current Kit: 11 Armor (LCCL); Speed I; Wood Sword; +1 HP on hit

Vampire is currently rather bland, with no items, little damage, medium armor, and a small lifesteal. Also, it has Speed, which should be for Assassin. In general it just needs more pizazz and more niche.

New Kit: 9 Armor (LGLL); Wood Sword; on hit +1 HP and Resistance I for 0:01; Blindness Potion 0:03 (regen 1 on kill)

Now Vampire is the combo-based kit. You have less armor, but if you keep hitting your enemy you will always have 20% damage resistance and will regain lost HP. You also have a splash potion of Blindness that blinds your enemy temporarily, allowing you to get a couple easy hits while they are distracted and unable to sprint. Upgrades increase the stack to 2 and 3.

Assassin

Current Kit: 9 Armor (-GGG); Diamond Sword; 2 Dashes

Assassin is rather annoying to fight currently due to the dashes. However, it needs to be fast. I think we could give it a little rework.

New Kit: 10 Armor (-CCC); Speed I; Diamond Sword; 2 Boosts (Give Speed V and Jump V for 3 seconds)

Now it has a little more armor, and the boosts are less instant and annoying, while still allowing agility.

Pyrotechnic (replaces Demolitionist)
    Current Kit: 14 Armor (CCFF); Stone Sword; 2 TNT

Right now Demolitionist is really just rather useless. The only thing people ever really do with it is switch to it to spam TNT into a group and then switch back. The TNT is weak and runs out quickly. We need to completely change the kit

New Kit: 12 Armor (GGCG); Fire Aspect I Wood Sword; 2 Fireball (regen 1 every 6 seconds)

Now, it is Pyrotechnic, a fire-based kit. When you right-click with a fireball, it fires a Blaze fireball (5 impact damage, 4 burn damage), allowing you to get an edge on the fight before you get close range. Melee attacks deal 4 damage, but also inflict 3 burn damage over the next 4 seconds. You have decent armor as well. Upgrades to the fireball increase stack size to 3 and 4.

The Pyrotechnic excels in prolonged fights, as this allows maximum burn damage. In quick close range combat you are at a large disadvantage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this! Give feedback in the comments about what you think should be changed.

lolkbye
    ~Blaze

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Divine_Sophie

Opinions below:

Sorry to disagree, but I reckon these changes would upset the balance of the game and would unnecessarily change things that aren't broken to begin with.

This would render the Archer kit essentially useless. Four arrows is not even close to being sufficient enough to withstand the regular onslaught at spawn, and would mean that you're forced to camp for two minutes to have even a remote chance of surviving a fight. I like the concept of regenerating arrows rather than using refill signs though.

Bowspam is only a problem due to the Punch I enchantment that is received upon upgrading the bow, though the same can be said for every kit in the game once they too have been upgraded (i.e. Assassin's boost-jump, Tank's golden snapple). Bow spamming is only a problem to the aggressor, though to the user it's a survival tactic that is often resorted to as a desperate measure to add a distance between you and your opponent, so that you can use your bow properly. Bow spamming is only beneficial in the hands of a skilled player (else you'll miss all of your arrows), and is a problem for the user nonetheless given how few arrows you actually have to work with. It is also entirely ineffective unless you have invested 100 points into upgrading the weapon.

I reckon this'll upset the balance of the game, seeing as how many hits you can actually take. The golden apples received upon kill will only serve to make this kit completely superior to most other kits, though I reckon that a permanent Slowness I debuff would balance it a little better.

I disagree. The Vampire kit is in my opinion one of the most effective in the game. The fact that you'd receive three seconds of blindness would also mean that the kit is almost completely ruined if facing off against strafers, as you won't be able to trace their movements and will likely just be swinging your sword into blank air.

I think giving this kit more armour just buffs what is already regularly deemed to be the best kit in the game.

Other than the impact damage of the fireball, I really like this idea.

In my opinion, all kits are currently fine the way they are (minus the Demolitionist kit), seeing as they all seem to balance one another out. Tank is an adequate all-round choice that can take Archer shots like a champ and can regenerate outside of combat, whereas the Archer can drop Vampire and Assassins like flies. The Assassin kit is perfect for incursions on camping Archers, and the Vampire makes up for its low damage output by allowing skilled players to receive more health than they lose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. trbz_

Thanks for the feedback! I originally made this thread to discuss fixing the Demolitionist and adding item regen, and I figured I'd go ahead and try to fix other classes too, which apparently don't need fixing.

I still think Tank shouldn't have Strength I though. I mean really, 8 DAMAGE?

4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I think vampire should stay at .5 hp health steal mainly because it would be too op

• Agree Agree x 1