Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Regulation and Staff Things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _LazerTurtle_, Jul 3, 2017.

1. SH0RKS

Retired Staff

So this is my 1st forum post and it's definitely gonna make me look like a total dick, but who cares, right? I've played on and modded for quite a few servers, and they all handle chat rules differently, but I can say confidently that mega does it the worst. I honestly don't understand the rules, since the /rules list apparently isn't actually enforced, and there's no functioning report feature. On top of this, the staff are frequently either offline or afk, and not doing anything with the chat. So this part's technically a suggestion, so maybe in the wrong thread, but I think there should be a real list of rules and a way to better enforce them. I've seen filters work spectacularly and I've seen filters ruin servers, so I wouldn't recommend relying on one, however I would suggest an easy report command. I've played around with that /chatreport crap, and it either doesn't work or isn't user friendly enough to be helpful. I also wanted to ask, do people on the server genuinely just not understand hate speech and harassment, or do they just ignore it?

2. _Brokencrystal_

Can't say I've been active enough to witness any of these lol, for the last bit I reckon peoples use /ignore and /msgignore.

They don't have enough staff. Lots of staff resigned and the community died a while ago, never really revived, I think. There's also the silly requirement of "must be 15 years old" to apply x.x There are mature enough 14 year olds, in my opinion if someone is immature staff should be able to deal with them instead of cutting off every <15 year old, but if they don't want to I guess that's their choice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SH0RKS

Retired Staff

Imma be honest, this looks like ur just a salty 14 year old who didnt get to be mod, and i feel like ur comment wasnt helpful

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. therealjojo

First of all, I think I would care if you're a dick because nobody likes a dicky person.

By chat regulations do you mean that the swear filter? Swear words now don't appear. IMO it was a pathetic way to make the server better. The staff don't do anything about since it's offical I guess.

5. _Brokencrystal_

I'm sorry you feel that way, it appeared you thought that they simply have inactive staff where they really don't have enough. Check here. https://mc-mega.com/forum/XenStaff/ There was a point when there were less than this, at that time Mega had more players daily. Reason the server kind of started dying.
    I'm younger and hold a staff position on another server (200 players weekdays, 250+ weekends), I'm very sorry for writing something you've misinterpreted in that way. I disagree with the age limit regardless of my own age because I know there are younger peoples who don't have a staff position anywhere but could here if being 15 wasn't a requirement. What I meant by "if someone is immature staff should be able to deal with them" is that I was told by a Mod that the limit was introduced because some of their staff behaved badly. They should be able to have a reasonable discussion with those staff members and/or demote as needed, rather than stopping all <15 year olds from ever applying. Also, you apply for Helper, not Mod :p

I was also rather tired when I wrote my previous post, my apologies for that, please forgive the misleading phrasing.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  6. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Age restriction, that sounds a bit harsh. It's more like a reference point. If you are under 15 and impress the staff team in a positive way, you can apply for for staff, maybe your convince us that you are the right one.
    We are not a club which is restricted to players which are 15 years or older.

7. _Brokencrystal_

It's listed as a requirement, but alright. I'd say it could be something like "being 15 or more years of age will significantly improve your chances of getting staff but isn't completely necessary", only I think this is another "only Blue can change it ;)" moment xD