Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Claim System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PeanutbutterB0B, Sep 21, 2017.

?

Do you think this should be implemented?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. Yes, but different (Comment Below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care (Well fine then :P)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LinkFelton

Retired Staff

Background
    So I'm making this poll to gauge the interest on our modded community as to what they would think about the current Claim System. I'm specifically referring to, the random claims that have been there forever despite that person having be gone for X amount of time.

Personal
    Just like all of you reading, I'm an big fan of the Modpacks provided to us by the wonderful team here at AJGaming. I've been on SpaceX since Day 1 and on Advanced Wizardry for a while. The one thing though that gets me every time is I'm happily building along, voting for the server, get new claim blocks but oh, I'm land locked by X persons claim. But I've never heard of this person, lets ask around. Oh? People online have never heard of them. Come to find out, this person used to play X amount of time ago and has since disappeared. Now you can't expand and are limited on your space. This is a problem that I'm very familiar with on SpaceX especially.

Proposal
    Put a limit on the claim system. If a player is gone X amount of time, it can be put into a forum post for review and a Staff member can decide if it's okay too. BUT. With this limit in place there needs to be another limit. That way people can't claim this overly large amount of land without using it. Of course, depending on your rank, you would get a larger amount of land to claim.

Old System
    Obviously the old claim system would have to go. Buying claim blocks in store as well as getting them by Voting. Though leaving the, getting them for play time wouldn't. The vote system, of getting vote crate keys would still be there and you would indeed get them, maybe with increased chance of getting an extra key though to make up for this.

New System
    So the new system. Basically you'd start with say... 1024 claim blocks, enough for a 32x32 area. As your play time increases, like now, you get a little bit more claim blocks. With each purchase of donator ranks, you get even more. With the maximum possible claim size being....say 16,384, or 128x128. That gives someone 8 whole Chunks to build on. Also, if you're trying to expand and you run into a persons claim and you've NEVER seen them or anyone on the server hasn't either (Also check on our Discord to before this). You can make a post on the forums for a review of the claim. Providing you include the players Username and the coordinates of the claim, Staff can look the player up, see how long they've been gone, if it reaches, say a month+, remove the claim. *NOTE: SpaceX has SpaceStation one can build without being bothered. Other modpacks could have a higher limit to accommodate for more stuff.

Benefits
    • Existing longtime players can expand they're base if land locked.
    • Brand new, exploring players, can find un-claimed land more easily.
    • No fighting over, "I was gonna claim it" or "I was here first"

Drawbacks
    • Would require the whole Claim System to be redone. (Ew, Coding)
    • Possibility that claims would be removed and have to be replaced. (Not Guaranteed, so don't worry)

**NOTE: I do NOT speak on the other Staff members behalf. This was solely MY idea and I wanted to see if others would support it and back it. If you do, please do vote and we can see if we can change it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. CameronArcher66

Hey, I just wanted to recommend giving an estimate of the time before claim goes poof, because it can really change answers

3. LinkFelton

Retired Staff

Done, Thanks for the reply ^ ^

4. Inforno

I upvote