Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative plot judging guidelines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wolfhausen, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Do you think staff should follow certain guidelines when judging plots?

1. Yes, sounds good.

2. No, doen't really matter.

3. I don't really care, I play on skyblock/just don't care.

4. Good idea, but needs improving - I'll comment, what to change!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I think being good at only one aspect doesn't show a lot of skill. It's easy to be good at one aspect the best builders on the best build team are not, in my eyes, the most skilled builders.

2. Wolfhausen

In my opinion this depends more on what the plot is. If you have a city, or a village then the houses aren't very big, meaning that interiors aren't really impressive. (Sometimes my own houses I put so much depth on the outside that the interior ends up being 3*1 blocks. But if you were to build a palace or a castle, interiors are assumed (Something I recently learned... xD) - but again, this seems to depend on the rank, as different ranks have a bit different requirements.

Now, I'm glad to see this thread isn't dead yet and most of the community does seem to agree with the idea, but my question is to staff. Have you discussed this or considered implementing it? What does the staff team think of this?

3. DoctorUbermensch

^^^^^^^ I'm with stupid(Wolfhund)

I'll give you an A for effort, but F for results.
    Yes, Rustic Houses, cliff faces and trees are wholly overused and are a bore to judge, but the fact that we aren't all amazingly talented builders still stand.
    The builds I mentioned above are staples of creative, sure. However, you have to understand that we all need to take a stab at that glorious pink nametag. Instead of judging builds based on a freakin formula(really? dafaq?) I propose that the server uses a percentage-based grading system that juggles the attributes of originality and detail, so that EVERYONE here, skilled couch potato or not, gets a shot at it.

4. _Brokencrystal_

While I appreciate that your post is contributing to the thread, please try not to post on threads that are over a month old. [​IMG] (http://imgur.com/a/PPD2Y if the image doesn't show up) this is where you can see the date of the last post.

• Like Like x 1