Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ctrl's Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ctrl_Alt_KaiNik, Dec 30, 2014.

1. kailanchauhan

{......................................................................................................................................................................
    Hello everybody, today I would like to share an idea I had:

My idea is to add a new rank that is like a 'Mini Moderator'. It would be called [Helper]
    This tag would be where a [Mod] or other [admin tag] would be.
    A helper would gain the permissions to /kick people as it is useful to stop spams.
    They would not have to have TeamSpeak as I know players who have applied for Moderator but didn't have TS so were denied. (Like me).
    It would need a seperate application form, just a little different to the Moderator one. I think this a brilliant idea and will encourage players to be more active on the server and feel like they are helping it too!

= :):D:) =
    This would be a player tag: [Helper] [Builder] Ctrl_Alt_KaiNik
    Thanks for reading ~Cyan blue my favourite! Have a good day! :D

......................................................................................................................................................................}

Hello everybody, today I would like to share another idea with you awesome MegaCrafians.

My idea is to add a 'Manage Conversation' button in the conversations because this way your conversation will be how you want it. At the moment, I have a conversation with Commanderjojo and I have invited a few staff members for (Private). But I added two of the wrong ones but I can't remove them unless they do it by themselves. Thus, my idea will replace the 'Edit Conversation' button with 'Manage Conversation' so I can give people moderator which will allow them to delete posts, invite others and remove others. Plus add a button to delete messages and remove players for the owner of the conversation. I hope this is added because I think it will be extremely useful in situations like mine.

I have posted a full explanation of my conversation idea below.

Example of a player tag:
    ...[Picture]
    ...........................................[Name]
    ...........................................[Rank, e.g. Builder]
    ...........................................[Rank, e.g. Member]
    ...........................................(Rank, e.g. Admin)
    ...........................................[Conversation rank, e.g. Player, Moderator, Owner]

Ctrl_Alt_KaiNik_Player_Icon_Edit.png <<< This would be what my player icon would somewhat look like. (But with all of the fancy boxes and stuff around it.)

-Keep it colourful! ... a catchphrase by me.

Thanks for reading this, and have a good day! :D :) :D :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mas281

Good idea, but the only reason you made this thread is because yours upset you didn't get mod :p also, TeamSpeak helps the staff to get to know people better, so they aren't giving permissions to people they don't know. Unless the [Helper] is gradually given more perks when they prove they are worthy

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kailanchauhan

As a matter of fact, I have had this idea for a long time but I have only recently been able to create an account due some problems I was having. And also, the helper will be like the survival system where you have something like 3 sub-levels per level. So basically, the helper will be promoted and will have minor permissions then as admins see they are ready for a promotion, they will gain more permissions. I didn't add this in the first post as I was in a hurry. the helper tag won't display which level of helper they are because this could make the player nametag very long.

4. Mas281

How about this:
    [JrHelper] [Helper] [SrHelper]

Junior Helper -> Helper -> Senior Helper

5. Dabomberownz

Retired Staff

Mods already have very few permissions and making another rank below it doesnt make much sense....not right now anyway.

6. dooff

Retired Staff

Yeah, this has been suggested a few times and every time it's shot down. There's just no need for it.

7. kailanchauhan

Ok, well I don't know what or how many permissions Moderators have, sorry

8. kailanchauhan

I hope you like my idea now, because I need it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  9. kailanchauhan

My idea, explained:​

So, my idea is to replace the 'Edit Conversation' button at the top of the page with 'Manage Conversation'. At the moment, I can only lock the conversation (disable posting) and allow players to invite other players. I think this is very little and not very useful. Now, this is where my idea comes in. In the manage conversation section, there will be eight options and another button. These will be: Lock conversation, allow players to invite others, invite players, remove players, promote players, demote players, edit posts and delete posts. So lock conversation and allow other players to invite others are already there and straight forward. Invite players is in a different place but I would like it to be there as this will make all of the conversation tools in one section. We have covered three of the things in 'Manage Conversation', so remove players is a good one because I have invited a few wrong players but I can't get rid of them unless they do it by themselves which is annoying so this will allow me to do this easily. Edit posts will be a thing where you click it and the select the post you want to edit and you can do the same for deleting posts. (This applies for posts not by the player too, but only for owners or moderators). Promote players is for making normal players in a conversation into moderators. Then can, as mentioned above, delete posts and edit them that are not created by themselves, they can invite/remove players but a request will be sent to the owner so they can approve of it. Demote players is just if the owner wants to demote a moderator to a normal player. We have covered all but one of the things in my idea, the last one is the extra button that I haven't mentioned on any of these posts. The extra button is one that is only available to the chat owner and is called 'Moderators'. When clicked, this will show all moderators in a list with the four permissions with ticked boxes (They are ticked as a default). The owner can tick/untick the boxes next to each player to limit their abilities. Well Jojo, that's it. It isn't colourful because I'm posting from an Ipad and it would too long to make it colourful.

-Thanks for reading all of this, it will be posted in 'Ctrl's Suggestion' on the forums.
    :D:):D:):D:)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  10. kailanchauhan

Originally posted in two parts in a conversation with Commanderjojo and a few staff members like Jeq etc.

11. Mas281

"Conversation Owner" and "Conversation Moderator" so lame. All you need is for the creator of the conversation to be able to remove people. You don't need a whole new ranks category for pm's

12. kailanchauhan

PMs, I'm bad with abbreviations. Well anyway, this is a good idea because if the owner doesn't come on much or has gone away for some reason, the moderators can take over temporarily. And, a moderator has most of the permissions of the owner so the owner could promote his friend so it's like they both are owners.