Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Do Not Disturb

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by Tormentous, Feb 28, 2018.

?

Should Do Not Disturb mode be in the AJGaming Network?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yeah, but I'd like to add/change some parts of this (reply if so)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tormentous

I want to suggest a Do Not Disturb mode for the network. I almost exclusively play creative myself, so the best example/use case I can think of for this is for concentrating on building, especially if you get distracted easily. That, or you just don't feel like talking to anyone for a bit. However I left the prefix on global cause I'm sure other servers could use it too. Like any other Do Not Disturb mode, it would just shut off chat and (maybe) messages. There are some things already in MC to somewhat achieve this, but all of them have drawbacks (Not being able to see command history, or access the text box at all). Also, if the friends plugin gets re-added, maybe it would allow you to only see the chat of people on your friends list. It could just be a simple command, like /dnd. And one last thing for this, when you leave/rejoin, chat would say "Do Not Disturb mode is on/off".
    Thanks for reading this.

2. Spider53

I've seen on some servers where if someone's in AFK mode and you mention them in chat or try to message them it tells the player that they're AFK. I think a similar feature would be nice for this hypothetical Do Not Disturb mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Sounds like an interesting idea, I will see what I can do :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Update:
    /dnd has been added for MVP and higher on Creative and Survival, type it once to disable the chat, type it again to enable the chat again, easy toggle function.
    Messages from Staff will be visible always, even if you disabled your chat.

Indeed, and that's why I added it.
    If you try to message a player who is afk, it will show you this message: (Not only on Creative, network wide)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.