Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon drawing artwork

Discussion in 'Share Your Creations' started by ArticTheArticuno, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

hey guys I know this is kind of off topic from Mega Craft but for the past 2 days I have been working on an artwork I'm currently making on my laptop of a dragon. I have only done a bit but so far I think it looks awesome. Here are some screenshots of it and probably every day I'm going to sending more pictures of it to show the progress. Opinions will really help :) :
    IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Friized

Retired Staff

Looks neat
    Gotta say

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kailanchauhan

I like the details! :D

Looks like you're using Windows? If so, in the search bar at the bottom, search "snipping tool" which should be a pre-existing tool and use it to get a screenshot ("snip") of a certain part of the screen. Then you can copy the picture and paste it here. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Ohhh thanks XD didn't realise I had snipping tool -_-" Silly me :p :D Just glad you like it as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Update:
    upload_2016-12-4_14-40-40.png
    upload_2016-12-4_14-41-19.png
    upload_2016-12-4_14-41-50.png
    upload_2016-12-4_14-42-32.png
    upload_2016-12-4_14-43-32.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. kailanchauhan

Cool! I love how you add a bit of depth :D And now the picture should are a bit clearer too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Only a bit of depth though; for the background I am planning to do a cave scene then for the floor it's going to be a black rock floor with cracks and in the cracks will be lava. I'm hoping this turns out okay but half way through this piece I may change the colour of the dragon or style because the colour scheme isn't the best as I prefer maybe a red dragon. But yeah I'm hopefully going to work on more of it today if not today then tomorrow. :) Also another question what will work best : red dragon, the current blue dragon or a green dragon or maybe another colour dragon?

• Like Like x 1
  8. kailanchauhan

If it's a black(-ish) background, then I would probably suggest a red-orange colour dragon which is like the colour of lava, but a bit more red. This will contrast more with the background than a blue dragon.:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Quick update:
    upload_2016-12-7_18-22-21.png
    upload_2016-12-7_18-25-39.png
    changed the color to black and it's going to have lava on it; mainly on the back and stomach. Also may add it breathing out fire. Opinions? :D :p

Quick Update 2:
    upload_2016-12-7_20-45-42.png

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. _Brokencrystal_

Really an amazing drawing! :)

It looks slightly flat with shading on top rather than solid - having outlines (not in a separate layer*), even with the same color as the base, shadows and highlights, can help change this a lot, so does having more defined shading instead of faded. Lots of people do this, some may even prefer it this way, so I'm not saying you absolutely have to do all that, it's an incredibly well drawn picture as is.

*Keeping those outlines in the same layer lets you draw over as well as interact with them as you fill in the colours, but it keeps in your mind that shading goes to the edge of the object. It also stops you from having to redo the edge unless you want to change the positioning of the different shades you're using.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

I'll try it out for the future because right now I'm in the stage of getting use to a drawing tablet still and progressing. I'm hopefully going to mostly focus on dragons and the ways to draw dragon heads and different ways to draw them to help me progress. Thanks for the tip. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. _Brokencrystal_

That's a good idea, I don't think it would be possible to do as I said without starting over.
    My tablet back at home doesn't work properly XD so I'm getting a new one for Christmas, good luck with learning ^^ and you're welcome!
    May I ask what program you're using? One of the first pictures shows your taskbar but I can't quite see it.

13. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

I'm using paint tool Sai currently :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Polaris_Wolf

I would like to see it finished entirely!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1