Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explanation for this stupid limit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JessicaFin, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hey,

So I was doing some world editing on my plot and was going to //replace some blocks, found out there is this new limit, which I find extremely stupid to have. Apparently I can not choose area over 600000 blocks, even if I was going to replace 1 block in 600001 block area, it wouldn't let me. This is extremely annoying and I would like to have explanation why do we have this. There already is WorldEdit limit, why do we need this other limit to mess the other limit up?

I know some people are going to ask "Why would you need to choose so big region anyways?". Well, for example if you're making terrain with wool to first plan it out what it will look like and then you want to change it to look natural with //replace. Normally you could do this just by selecting the whole plot and replacing the blocks you want to replace which would be like 100 000 blocks usually. But since those blocks are usually on different layers, the region takes a lot of blocks inside of it (Mostly air blocks). The region will go over 600 000 and then you can't do it anymore.

2016-07-16_22.22.58.png

Please someone explain this to me or do something to it,

Best regards,
    Jeqqe

• Like Like x 2
  2. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

I believe I has to do with your max queue, it looks like the number posted in your screenshot matches what is in your picture. I would assume that is the issue. I wish there was a way to tell you how many blocks are queued as you are selecting them so it doesn't happen.

3. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

The thing is the Limit number on the right is the old one that has always been there, the real WorldEdit limit. Then theres apparently another limit in PlotSquared it seems like. I don't understand why would that be needed and am asking for explanation for that.

4. kailanchauhan

This probably won't help but I've noticed this before. I messaged Bluefusion about it and if I remember he said it was to do with lag because wordedit can't deal with such a large area to do check at a time. It's probably in your best interest to stick with it as you don't want to be pushing worldedit past a its safe point which would be fast, but not so fast it lags the whole server

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

The donator rank clearly says I get WorldEdit limit to 600000 and right now that isnt happening. I'm getting some un-said limitations to my WolrdEdit experience. @BlueFusion12

"+ Increase WorldEdit Queue Size (600,000)"

6. kailanchauhan

You said the rank is supposed to increase the queue to 600k which it is doing, but the max limit is also 600k.
    You are getting Worldedit to 600k.

7. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

It is limiting my worldedit size by not allowing me to choose 600 000 blocks in specific area that is bigger than 600 000. This leads to that I cant choose the whole thing i want to replace. And that way it doesn't allow me to worldedit this promised queue size.

8. _Brokencrystal_

The misunderstanding here is, I think, Jeqqe wants to select an area with more than 600,000 blocks, but knows that most of them are air and therefore won't be replaced and his queue won't go up to 600,000, just the amount that's actually going to change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Exactly but I don't seem to be getting any proper explanations to this from any staff member, I'll just give up on this. It'll stay a mystery I suppose.

10. hbl

hbl

I guess it'll stay a mystery, but maybe decrease the size by maybe editing one half, and once that is complete, then you do the other one? I don't know, it's just a suggestion anyways.

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

11. disjoin

Air still counts as a block when selected In world edit I do believe, just do //relacenear (amount) (block to change) (new block) for a sphere of replacement

12. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Yea thanks for trying to help but I already know how to kind of bypass it. The reason I asked this was cause before I left the server few months ago, there was no limits like this. So I was just asking for explanation but seems like the staff are not active enough on the forums to even try to help me. Anyways thanks for you all who actually tried to help.