Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

How are all of you friends? I can't seem to befriend much people.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaredTheM8, Apr 4, 2015.

1. TheRedM8

I try talking to everyone. I do that because I want to befriend everyone! I don't want to be hated or liked too much, because that leads to problems. I'd like to be the neutral person. I get on TS every now and then to get rid of the silence, and I hear so much friendly conversations and people joking around. Which leads to my question, how are all of you friends? I want to befriend y'all, but I get ignored most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Here and some simple and very generalized tips:
    - Contribute to the ongoing conversations
    - Find subjects or things that you and others enjoy.
    - Try to avoid being annoying or invasive
    - Don't worry about making people like you or avoiding making people hate you. That by itself often pushes people away.

Overall simply engaging with others is enough to get involved in the conversation and grow relationships. Remember though, building friendships on the Internet is quite different than in real life.

3. TheRedM8

Wow, didn't expect a reply from you. But back to the topic on hand--
    • I actually try saying something that contributes to what they're saying, but most of the time I'm ignored by them. I do not know why, is it because they weren't talking to me in the first place?
    • I think everyone here enjoys MegaCraft. But that isn't really a good thing to say that you have in common. I do not know how to find others that are interested in what I'm interested in, but when I try to find people that do... it's pretty difficult.
    • I try not to be, but sometimes I think I'm being annoying so I stop talking altogether until some time passes. I try not to invade on people's conversations or properties. I always try asking them before I say something or go on someone's property.
    • This is what I want to try doing. Because this is a problem I have in real life. At school I only have like 3 friends, but they don't even talk to me much outside of school. And when I try talking to people at school, they ignore me or brush me off like I'm a fly or mosquito.

I think I need to stop caring about what other people think of me, and find people that like me for who I am...
    Thanks for the reply, Blue. I really appreciate it. :D

PS: If I said something confusing, just tell me. I'll fix it. :)

4. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Amen.

The best thing you can do is stop trying and just enjoy yourself. People naturally gravitate towards people who are happy and positive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kailanchauhan

But how can I be positive. I think m like jarend too. Jared*

6. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

Although I can't say I'm the most well known person on Mega, I can say I do have quite a bit of friends I've made on here. Rather than starting with the more "well known" people I started making friends with people who would make friends with me because of what I am. I'm not saying that these "well known" people are not accepting but I guess it's one of those start small things. I hope my advice wasn't totally worthless. xD

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheRedM8

Alright then, I will just keep doing what I'm doing then. Thanks for your advice Blue! I really appreciate it. :)

Hm, maybe that's my problem. I've already made 3 or 4 friends (I don't know if THEY consider me a friend :<). I think I'll stick with them until it grows. :>

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  8. zLynn

jared, just do what i do
    say hi and dont be shy lol
    and i consider u as a friend m8 ;)

9. therealjojo

Together as friends,JaredTheM9 <3
    Together forever...