Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for New Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aipa, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Aipa

So the other day I was having a conversation with Kad and a few others about the new survival that is supposedly coming to MegaCraft soon. If you haven't heard about it, talk to Kad or someone, because if what I have heard so far is going to be made, it is going to be epic. Anyways, I told Kad I had some suggestions, but had to leave before I could discuss them. Here they are:
    • Daily/weekly quests: I heard you talk a little about quests for each individual faction, but I think it would be cool to have new quests each day. This would help keep people playing and would add a more dynamic feel to the server.
    • Leveled Mobs/Item Drops/Item Levels: One of your ideas I found the most interesting was the idea of having tons of different items for each class. It would be cool if these items could be dropped from mobs like in other MMO style games. Also, the mobs should have different levels so higher level mobs would have more health, more attack power, and would drop better items. Also with the special items, I think each item should have a level and/or rarity value that distinguishes it in terms of strength and value. It would also be cool if players could make these items, not sure how this would work though.
    • Faction wars: I know you said that this would come later on, but I have a few cool ideas for faction wars. There should be separate stages of the war. For example, when you declare war, each side has to prepare by building up resources and items. Second the one who started the war would invade, battling their way through the first layer of defense. If they succeed, they then control that city and can move on to the next one, etc. Each time the defenders would have a chance to repel the attack. The defenders would be able to still continue to create new resources as the battle goes on (and maybe respawn a lot faster), but the attackers would have to wait a day or so for resources to arrive. Eventually, if the attackers make it all the way to the main capital of the faction and take it, they gain control of the enemy faction for a week or so, taking a big chunk of their resources etc. There would need to be a way to ensure one faction can't control the entire world though.
    • Government/player decision making: There should be some form of government structure that allows players to make decisions that affect their faction in some way. This could be stuff like trade agreements or even declarations of war. People could be elected into certain offices where they are in charge of stuff or maybe like an open democratic system that allows each member of a faction to vote on something.
    • A bunch of hidden secrets and things: Please add a lot of extraneous things hidden throughout the map. Things like hidden temples, ruins, dungeons, etc. that players can find on their own. They should have some sort of challenge and then give a rare item or reward afterwards.
    • Dungeons: I was talking to Blue a while back about minigames when he mentioned something about a maze game where people run around and battle stuff. Maybe have a similar thing, but with random dungeons that players can enter and defeat, giving them items or rewards. This would give people something to do when they are bored or want to farm for gear.
    Hope you enjoy my suggestions. A lot of this was off the top of my head, so if you don't understand something I can clarify. I'm really excited about the new survival and hope some of my ideas see the light of day!
    @The_Kadrek
    @BlueFusion12

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. therealjojo

Nice ideas! But I dont really like the factions too much.Other than that the other are nice! And I agree with the hidden secrets.The only thing we have hidden in the world are silverfish blocks :p

3. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

These are some pretty good ideas, thanks for taking them time to write them up. If anyone else has suggestions for the new survival system, feel free to suggest them!

Also, they are nations, not factions.

4. Aipa

:) I'm glad you like them. Hopefully they will be of use! Sorry about the nation/faction mix up, factions are what Kadrek called them.

5. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

It's ok. I simply don't want people getting confused with the Factions plugin, which the new survival is NOT going to use.

6. kailanchauhan

I really want to keep this old map. Even though the new one will be probably better.