Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues that need to be addressed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YaBoiSyd, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Syddo

After resigning from staff, I have gotten to see a lot from the player's point of view. With the amount of other staff that were demoted or resigned after I had, there has been no staff activity due to school and other personal details. I completely understand but it's getting to the point where there are no staff on at all when there are around 70 people on. I know that I have not been the most outstanding and positive player but coming on everyday and seeing the same people ruin the server and cause troubles in chat is getting to be exhausting.

Like expected, most of Mega's player count has gone down due to school starting. Another reason why it keeps going down is because the server is not fully functional anymore. There has been multiple lag plots and machines made everyday that causes not only client-side lag but server-side lag as well. The only staff member I have been able to contact for help with this is @ItzAntony. I am very thankful for his help but since he is the only productive staff member that 70 people have to depend on, he is swamped with work. Along with this, he can't solve most of the server's problem which is crippling the server, in turn is lowering player count, interest in the server, and revenue.

Today has been the worst lag machine attack yet. Out of 56 people, only 3 remained after 30 minutes of this lag. I couldn't contact the only reliable staff member and it seems that it will never be fixed with the lack of staff, the lack of trust in staff, and permissions.
    [​IMG]

I have seen on the server that the discussion about new staff and the need for new staff has been a hot topic. Most replies for this is that "It is complicated and we need to find actual trustworthy people." I agree, but at the same time, when there isn't staff on or even available when times are always at its worst, what's the point? Hell, with all the problems I have seen in just 2 days of playtime, I'd suck it up and be helper just to get something productive done. The likelihood of that happening is slim to none, but it just saddens me to see the server is shambles due to lack of proper management and care on behalf of @BlueFusion12.

I didn't want to make this post because I'd much rather lurk and have my own fun, but that is nearly impossible when I, along with other players, lag out uncontrollably every minute. I hate to see the server that I loved and had good memories on be abandoned with no positive change and little to no help.

Feel free to respond; I want to see everyone else's opinions.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. kailanchauhan

I totally agree with you... The staff we have now aren't the best and I don't see half of them on. Even if they are, it is mostly on creative and few/none on skyblock.

I call for a new era of staffing. We need some spring cleaning done, and it should be focused on the staff team.

3. kailanchauhan

We've got 9 staff (+Antony) and I've only seen 5 of them online recently [no names here]. And this has been on the creative server. If a staff member has been on skyblock, it was usually for a few minutes which is not what their job is.

@BlueFusion12 @ItzAntony answers please

4. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

Every night in the evening there is no staff on and the chat in creative is toxic. Players are spamming, saying racist comments nonstop for many many hours non-stop. It is IMO killing the community because there is never any staff on to handle it. Yes, i know we can do chat report but it seems lately doing that is as effective as banging my head on the wall. The same players are doing this every single day yet the offenders are never punished for their wrong doings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

i think she's good. I haven't been on though so i can't really judge

6. PeachHalves

Retired Staff

Hey, sorry you feel that way, I dont exactly remember doing that but I'll take your word for it. I'd love to take a suggestion from you to improve my performance as staff.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  7. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Well to be real it wouldn't be a smart idea to demote any staff rn. But having school is a bit more important than a minecraft server

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zengakukatsu

Just get more staff, for real in 1.0 I'm pretty sure we had like 35 barely active staff members yet it still helped.

9. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

I honestly just think these threads, they're not taken seriously. I've been trying to point out these same exact problems and even more for months now and always just got that look from the staff like "Why is this prick always just complaining" when in the reality I'm only giving out my own personal view of the problems and also given my idea how to fix it. Even if the community has given my threads alot of support in the past, simply it does not matter. They do not care, they work in their own way. I'm talking from my own experience, it does not matter how much you try to report these problems, there will be from no to very little action taken..

That's all I'm gonna say. Just don't expect much to happen, you'll just get more pissed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

The way threads like this are set out is fine by me. They have a point, use evidence and explain why. The problem is though that two types of people reply. Those who genuinely want change and those who are just here to create drama and make the post toxic. Furthermore, we have actually increased the staff numbers by quite a lot. Nevertheless, their is a problem and there is maybe only three staff who can actually stop this lag/crash problem. (I'm not one of them). The best answer I can say is that if three of those people don't know what the problem is, we can't really say that it's fixed until it is. As for "reforming the staff" I'll bring it up in the next meeting and we should be able to reach a compromise, though we have changed how staff works multiple times because people wanted it, but they want change again, which I know, you, as a former staff can understand that it can be quite frustrating for us.

11. FrogByChoice

Retired Staff

I'm probably going to repeat a part of what Sid said but just wanted to respond to this.

As Mods- we can't really do much about the lag machines, about the plots most of the time the way we find them it's the player himself telling us to teleport to him, as former staff you probably know that Syd

Now for the contacting staff part i'm not saying i'm the only one you could contact but you haven't tried doing so at all, i'm pretty sure you just contacted Antony first and that's fine but adding this part "I am very thankful for his help but since he is the only productive staff member that 70 people have to depend on" is rather pointless you should know we don't have the tools to deal with most of these lag attacks you the players basically do the same thing as we do which is call someone with a higher rank as most of the time we lack the permissions to help.
    and you said it yourself even Antony lacks some permissions.

About Staff not being on in certain time zones, we recently promoted two new staff members ,that should ease the problem, it might not completely solve the problem but it should help.

12. FrogByChoice

Retired Staff

Knowing Peach is on SkyBlock very often i know this isn't true, maybe it's the timezones though.

13. FrogByChoice

Retired Staff

We didn't ignore them you must understand solving this isn't that simple, you can't just tell us to do that and that and it'll happen,
    lately we have been working on adding more time zones to the Staff Team so as you see action is indeed taken,
    it's not that easy to promote many people when half of the staff applications are "Very mature for their age" twelve year olds.

14. FrogByChoice

Retired Staff

Zenga as a 1.0 player you should know the server has drastically changed, what worked 2-3 years ago probably won't work now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

just to add on the staff inactivity, I'd say right now it's fine for them to be inactive, the reason is because they have school/sports/maybe learning centers/Homework and other things to do, for now i would say not to demote OR add other players on the staff list, i think this is how it should be.
    In america we have different holidays and in the uk you guys probably also have different holidays. So, Here's what can fix inconvenience.(For america only because i don't know the UK Holidays)
    The next long break i believe is in november 19th (Friday before thanksgiving starts) and that's where staff can start adding/demoting other players.

After that there's Winter Break. Staff can be on for a long time, also the applications will start be denied/accepted and people will be promoted and demoted. Also Side note (Kinda) If you live in a place where inclement weather occurs and it's bad enough to stop you from going to school, i'd also suggest you to start those applications and just read it (But don't accept or deny it because it's more than likely the person that made the app wont be on)

After Winter break, there's spring break. This is also a perfect time to take your time and see who's application looks good enough to recruit.

After Spring break there's a huge Summer break that starts. For me it starts June 1 or may 31st. This will be A LOT of time to become active and to recruit members. After that the cycle can keep going on and on