Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

Make an rp chat... QUICKLY

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renardi_muliawan, Jun 9, 2015.

?

You agree? Why?

1. No, I <3 rping

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, sometimes our friend missed our chat

16.7%
  3. Yes, our chat is sometimes really full

91.7%
  4. Up to you

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You suck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. This is useless

8.3%
  7. I dont know, cuz im not your physicist... SOLVE YOUR OWN PROBLEM

8.3%
  8. Yes, eventhough I do not understand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Wow, so funny, Ren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Yes, so I can play rp more! <--- weird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Renardi_muliawan

Those rp people... Blocking our screen with chats.. Please make an rp chat so that we can play comfortably...

So.. The commands should be /rp create, /rp join, and /rp leave

PLUS, the rp creator can choose to allow or not allow, /rp deny or /rp undeny the people so theres no spamming and those stuff in the rp chat

Sorry if this is to mean... And please add something if I missed something... Thx!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. zLynn

I agree with this, as long as staff can see both the rp chat and the normal chat.
    there should also be a /rp invite and /rp kick
    and /rp disband

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kreeperkiller358

YES RPers are the most annoying people, We don't want to see their weird crap!

4. Interscope_

Although the RP chat is causing huge disruption on the server, the staff are not really concerned about the whole "RP" chat to my knowledge. Although this is a very good suggestion, this may not take affect for a while.

Thanks, BrighamYoungUT

5. Renardi_muliawan

Okay...

6. MC2Squared

I'd think allowing players to create temporary channels would be very helpful. I just think it'd be somewhat hard for staff to administrate all the chats.

Overall, I will be giving this idea a ⋘Winner⋙ since many (such as myself) don't care to see the roleplay chat unless we are involved.

[​IMG]

Best of luck with this idea;
    -mc2squared

7. Mas281

Yes! We need this! As long as staff can see both normal and rp chat this is a good idea.

8. Renardi_muliawan

9. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

This has been requested couple of times already and I can't see problem with it. As Devil and mas said, as long as we (staff) are able to see both chats it is fine. However, would the rp players bother to create their own chat, should staff have permissions to force them to use the rp chat? This could be more like an group chat in my opinion, not only for roleplayers, also for other groups like build teams etc.

I have few questions about your view on this idea.
    What if player joins the group, will he/she still be able to chat on global chat and on group chat at the same time?
    Can players be on multiple groups at the same time, should they have permissions to disable/mute groups temporarily and maybe enable them later?
    Who would be the person to start the group and should there be any requirements for the person to start the group. (Example: You need novice to start the chat.)

Overall, If we get clear solutions for the questions and problems (not only those^), I would like to have this added to mega.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Feueristic

What if player joins the group, will he/she still be able to chat on global chat and on group chat at the same time?
    We should make it like you can see the both chats but you can't chat on both at the same time.

Can players be on multiple groups at the same time, should they have permissions to disable/mute groups temporarily and maybe enable them later?
    I don't know programmers but i believe that can be made.

Who would be the person to start the group and should there be any requirements for the person to start the group. (Example: You need novice to start the chat.)
    Some may say Donors, I would say at least Builder.

/rp join (chatname) < Join a channel OR Send request to join in the channel to the creator of the channel
    ^You can join multiple chats but you can't send a message to 3 chats in one command.
    /rp invite (playername) [chatname] < Invite a player to their chat
    ^Player can refuse to join a chat.
    ^You only need to fill in the chatname space if you are owners of multiple chats.
    /rp chat (public/(chatname)) < Select the chat you want to talk in
    ^Once you selected, all message is talked in your own group instead of the public chat.
    /rp mute (all/(chatname)/public) < To stop showing the message that comes from other chat you joined
    ^v saying "all" will let you able to quit/mute all chat you're on at once.
    /rp quit (all/(chatname)) < Quit the chat (player won't be able to talk in that chat anymore until next invitation)
    /rp unmute (all/(chatname)public) <Unmute all chats you've muted.
    ^ Saying "all" would un-mute all chat you've mute, "Public" will let you to see the public chat again.
    /rp create (chatname) < Said by the name
    ^^Chat name shouldn't contain weird symbols(Ω,∂,Å,∏,Spacebarshould'tbeallowed) and the chatname should be CaSE_SeNSiTiVe.
    Don't hesitate and post all your suggestions to make dreams true.

11. zLynn

I think a builder+ should be able to start the group, as this will encouragepeople to sign into the forums and pursue ranks.
    I don't think you should really be allowed to be in multiple groups at the same time. However, to solve the problem of talking in normal chat and rp chat, someone can use /rp chat <message> to talk in the rp, and to talk in the normal chat, you could just talk normally.
    /rp ignore can mute messages from the rp.
    and /rp unignore can unmute the messages

12. Ellielza

Just make it like plot adding,
    If there's an issue in the group chat they can screenshot, report and remove the person(s). Staff don't necessarily need to see it, it makes the players more in control.
    There are plugins for it, like the one hypixel uses for party's. So they can talk in both chats, they can remove, leave and add people.
    It doesn't need to be an rp chat exclusively, but i can see it being used mostly for rp as most people prefer to use public chat for obvious reasons whereas roleplay doesn't need public chat and, well, doesn't particularly require minecraft they just do it on the server because other people will rp on there too.

don't quite understand why people are adding complications to it.

13. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Rp chat is comming not now but soon. It is planned to come out with some big stuff also ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Renardi_muliawan

Is it coming together with the new rpg styled survival thingy?

15. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Indeed.

16. MC2Squared

Tis' time for those gifs once again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]