Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Suggestion for AW

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by daforsyth, Dec 5, 2018.

1. daforsyth

Retired Staff

Well, I sifted through a bunch of mods knowing most of the stuff will be junk and dug up stuff that could work for the New AW. I have them in order of how likely I think they are to fit into the next AW. Starting from highest potential going to less.

1. Technomancy
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/technomancy-2?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=289442
    Technomancy is a fairly well-known thaum addon that combines RF and thaumcraft. It seems like a good fit for a pack that uses both magic and machines. Some things it can do is create aura nodes with aurum essentia and a ton of rf.

2. Minechem
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minechem?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=73373
    A tech mod that allows the decomposition of materials and then reconstruction to turn stuff in other stuff. It also had a full array of chemicals you can ingest or use to buff yourself or poison friends. Overall a good tech mod, that's not terribly OP in the face of stuff like magic crops.

3. Full Throttle Alchemist
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fullthrottle-alchemist
    The magic equivalent to minechem. Its based off one of the most popular mods of 1.6 era, Dartcraft. It again allows for the decomposition of stuff and reassembly but it does it in another way and the elements also work like potions but it a completely different manner. It also has various other cool items. A really cool mods thats unique enough to run along with minechem.

4. Mowzie's mobs
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/mowzies-mobs
    I'm not a huge advocate for 2 things: dimensions and mobs. I feel like the overall world experience feels too vanilla atm though and mowzie's mobs is one of the mob mods that I haven't had bugs with. Overall a fun mod that I beleive will make the world a little bit more enjoyable.
    (FUN FACT: Mowzie practices air magic in ars magica)

5. Animus
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/animus
    A blood magic addon that adds some more sigils and rituals. The added stuff is pretty cool but we also already have two large blood magic addons.

6. Alfhiem
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/alfheim
    Yikes, I'll admit this add a dimension to botania which I dont like and I imagine hurts it chances of getting in. That world is pretty endgame into the mod though and mostly serves as just resources for botania without anything major. The real beauty of this mod is it adds a bunch of cool endgame artifacts based around norse gods. So far the only botania addon is botanical addons and it doesn't really have a big impact on the end game for botania so I think this would still make a great fit.

7. Potion Core
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/potion-core
    I don't think this mod will ever make it do to the fickle nature of potions but this mods adds several really cool potion effects that are relevant enough to make an impact on the pack, not to mention it has a great config to adjust things as needed. Currently however AW has potion ID conflicts so this mod would probably be bad unless someone goes into the current config to fix the potion ID conflicts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other Suggestions:
    1. In config, each mod with potion effects should be looked at to find the conflicting potion ID's. It's annoying to get random effects from warp that isnt the intended potion effect, or when you get sticky when you die.

2. In regards to Ars Magica there is a setting to make it so disarming doesnt effect players. I beleive this should be enabled and then disarm should be unbanned. This will allow for players to disarm mobs and get spell tomes from light and dark mages.

# If false, disarm won't work on players.
    B:disarm_affects_players=true
    ^^^
    Set to false!

3. Another Ars Magica Suggestion: In the config there's an option to make compendium unlock everything.

# Set this to false to have the compendium show everything, and not unlock as you go.

B:"Staged Compendium"=true

This should be set to false: The reason being is Ars Magica progression system is poorly done, if you want information you have to look it up but much of it is in this book but locked until you reach high level like 40 which the majority of players won't reach until they grind with a specific spell.

4. Yet another Ars Magica Config: Dryad spawns should be increased, they spawn one of the bosses but for some very rare on our server.

I: DryadSpawnRate=5
    Perhaps change this to 6 or 7?

5. I think the server difficulty should be changed to Hard mode. Currently, there is hardly any struggle in the early game and I think just doing that tiny bit will put more relevance in farming and food but make for an overall better playthrough.

6. This seems more unlikely but...

# Comma-separated list of block IDs that appropriation cannot pick up.
    S:Appropriation_Block_Blacklist=

This config lets a blacklist be set for the appropriation spell so all forms of mana pools can be blacklisted allowing for this spell to be allowed again.

2. daforsyth

Retired Staff

O yea and remove dragon mounts. I feel like that's something that keeps getting forgotten. That mod has been around for a while and I've never seen any sign of it from myself or other players.

3. _Neooz_

why not ,RFtool and Compact Machines

4. DrButtlet

I never felt like the progression was "poorly done" plus you can just do that yourself as it's client side controlled. I have had to when it bugged and forgot everything so that's moot. Also not hard to level in AM2 anyways.

Also I would love to see dryad spawning increased!

5. daforsyth

Retired Staff

Both cool mods! Unfortunately rf tools has caused a lot of problems for AW in the past. Compact machines also works as a dimension which can be bad for the server.

6. daforsyth

Retired Staff

At the current rate of progression most players encounter no problems and can reach end game within a week or less. This has a lot to do with magic crops and agricraft but I think having just a slightly increased need for food can change stuff enough. Overall I think it would be cool to change early game not so it's difficult but more enjoyable then growing max stat crops right away or tradng for them.