Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard Academy Mod Suggestions and Other Stuff

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by KingslimeKnight, Jun 24, 2018.

1. KingslimeKnight

The server is great and I absolutely love playing it, however, I keep noticing some mods which I feel would make it much better. These range from content mods which I feel would flesh out the server, as well as some quality of life stuff which I really miss.

I'm making this thread as a way to somewhat get a consensus about what sorts of mods people would like to see, and also if Jack is willing to look into these sorts of mods. I will also hyperlink mods when I can to make everybody's life easier.

Quality of Life Mods

ExtraTiC: This mod adds support for more metals to TiC, it is especially useful due to the presence of botania and extra utilities.

TiC Tooltips: QoL mod for tinker's construct. It greatly helps to display the stats of parts without having to look them up in the material's and you books.

Ender Storage: Allows the transfer of items into enderchests which are dependent on color codes. This mod is great for transferring items between people without worrying about Metadata as you do in the market at the moment.

WAWLA: an addon to the Waila mod, which gives you more information about what you are looking at. For example, should you have a divination sigil in your inventory you can see the LP of a blood altar without needing to right click with the sigil.

Some form of inventory sorting is also needed, but I understand if this is impossible due to duping concerns.

Content mods

Advent of Ascension: An enormous mod which adds in loads of content and playtime. It is my understanding that it has been in the pack previously. This seems like it would greatly benefit the pack if a way was found to stabilize the content.

Witching Gadgets: An addon for thaumcraft, this one adds not a great deal of content, but if you look at some of the content, it is fairly clear what a benefit it would be.

This concludes the mods which I suggest, feel free to comment if you have another mod which you believe would make a good addition, or if you are opposed to any of the suggestions I made. Please try to be civil as this is a discussion.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Athnicks

I think the quality of life mods are totally acceptable, none of which I see an issue with and support them fully.

We had AoA quite a while ago, it didn't work out so well. It's just not as good as it would seem. The classes it adds can stack up way too much with other mods and create some unstoppable forces that aren't healthy for the game. Such as hitting damage upwards in the thousands, some of the armors would cause server-wide crashes, and having too many dimensions loaded destroyed tick rate beyond belief, worse than what we sometimes experience now. In conjunction to the amount of dimensions AoA adds it also makes it quite hard to raid (obviously a border can be set, but then actually doing the mod itself would become hard; it's a lose-lose situation at that point).

Witching Gadgets is a fine mod, but throwing together too many Thaumcraft addons can prove to be fairly volatile. Corruption issues, broken worlds, server crashes, and client side crashes. Not to say the kinks couldn't be worked out, they potentially can, but in order to have a stable server, from past experience, it's better to not throw too many Thaumcraft addons together. Of course this can easily be worked around by removing one in place, to add variety.

Edit: Please remember all of this has to do with what I've seen and done and is personal experience. Obviously some of this is subject to change from when I observed it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. KingslimeKnight

You raise some good points, I was unaware of the issue with addons.
    Personally I think the thaumic upholstery mod could disappear.

• Agree Agree x 1