Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Name mentioned in the chat

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Revoh, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revoh

Retired Staff

So, this is just a short suggestion for the server.

What is the suggestion?
    When I'm online on a server, like survival for an example, and I'm not watching the chat for a few minutes because I am answering appeals or responding to tickets, it would be great to hear a little sound when someone mentions your name in the chat.

What kind of sound and why?
    A short noteblock sound for an example. For me, when I used to be a normal user, it felt quite bad when I asked a staff member for help and he or she just ignored me or didn't saw my message. That's the reason why I think this would be a good idea.

Problems that you will think about
    You'll be thinking: "But what if someone spams the command and I hear a noteblock sound every second?" I have a solution for that. Make it that players only can use the command every 10 seconds. When players are abusing this, staff members can mute/warn them for Command Spam.

How should this command look like?

The player puts an "@" in front of the username to let the other receive a sound.

"Hey @Revoh, can you help me? I have a problem."

The message will look like this:

"Hey Revoh, can you help me? I have a problem."

Improvements
    - Players won't feel ignored,
    - Staff members can help other players faster and easier.

This was basically it. Let me know what you think about my suggestion.
    Have a nice day!

2. Shootingisgood9

Retired Staff

I agree on this. I have been both on the receiving end and returning end of this issue, and players feel ignored when I don't answer their questions even if I am actually just on discord checking tickets or the fourms. I would like this added also as I have been on the receiving end quite a few times on various servers, and it really feels bad since you think you're being ignored.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

This has been on the server before by doing @name and was removed to to players spamming staff and other for useless stuff and just to be annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Literally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.