Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-Swearing Rule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ItzDisco, Apr 23, 2016.

1. xEvxnx

Retired Staff

Recently, a 'No-Swearing Rule' was put in place on the server. A lot of people disagree with this, some agree, but personally I really do not mind.

People are saying that a 'No-Swearing Rule' means that only little kids will come on the server. I hate to say it, but you are wrong. If you are mature, then you will see my point. People often use swearing in an immature, childish manner. If people can not swear, we wont have a problem at all. I know people use swear words to let out anger, or express feelings, but is this really necessary? I don't think so.

I'm not calling you immature if you swear, but if you keep on going on, and on about this rule then you're not doing yourself any favours. I am not here to start an argument, but rather to share my opinion on the rule. When we had the rule that swearing was only allowed to a certain extent, that was kind of unfair also, because people would over-use swearing, and not think they are doing so, etc.

The point I want to get across here is that the rule isn't a bad thing. The rule will keep the server friendly for people of all ages, for kids, to adults.

-Disco

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Trist

If your name starts with the letter T, you'll know what a Costa Rican Tamale taste like.
    If you're 19 you'll understand the pains of child birth.
    If you are below 5' 11" you'll definitely love carpentry.

My point is you have zero evidence to back up this magical claim that all people who are "mature" (that don't swear according to you) would by default understand that swearing should not be allowed on this server. For one, the rule is unappealing to the older audience, so you're wrong. (Source: A majority of the very small older audience dislike the rule) You have zero ground to talk about it bringing in kids, considering you're a kid yourself.

Look at the player count prior to the rule, and look at it now. I'll just say that it hasn't grown, so it's ineffective. Blue himself has said he really sees no problem in swearing and even uses it sometimes himself. Our society has gone from a time when teenagers had to worry about helping their family financially secure, to crying about safe spaces to hide from words they don't like.

P.S. You're a kid yourself, so don't kid yourself.

poopyface2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. xEvxnx

Retired Staff

Hey Trist,

I'm not going to lie, I worded this whole thing terribly. What I'm really trying to say is that fighting over the rule isn't really worth it. I swear myself but wouldn't consider myself immature. Sorry if I offended you :p