Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice spam

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BiduBR, Nov 2, 2014.

?

What do you think about it?

1. Good idea i agree

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Horrible idea i absolutly hate it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The idea is fine but i dont think there should be a change

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Hello its bidu, so since the new ranks update people now need to post on forums to get ranks, 90% of the time what they post is baisacally "hi","i like the server" and so on. My suggestion is for there to be a minimal characters limit before posting a thread lets say it more or less 100, Well thats all PLEASE leave suggestions and tell if you agree/disagree

2. Dabomberownz

Retired Staff

people who are trying to get the novice rank are new to the community, therefore have little or nothing to post about, yet they still need to to get the rank. Its going to be spam unless the 2 post part of achieving the rank is taken out...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Well, you are right i didnt think of it in that way thanks for replying tho

4. Mas281

If there was a mininum character limit then lots of people would just fill in the 100 words with "hi" repeated 100 times or something pointless like that.

5. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Maybe we could change that 2 post to 2 rates or 2 status update, then there wont be any visible spam.

6. lzongolo

What about removing the 2 posts requirement and change it to something like a status update, rate somebody and spend 15 minutes on forums (if that's possible)

7. Mas281

Perhaps this leads us to consider what the point was in having a "Novice" rank at all.

8. Zengakukatsu

The point was to make sure they are willing to go through a bunch of hoops just to succeed on our server :p it weeds out all the server hoppers.

9. Mas281

I partly agree, but what is wrong with hoppers? They join, find out they don't like the server and leave. Fair enough. By having a Novice ranking system, some new players will begin to dislike the server, and the server will lose out on possible community members.