Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Origins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syanar, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Syanar

Hello Megacaft community! I am currently writing a book that tells the history of what will be the new Megacraft Survival server! I have decided that as I reach milestones in my book, I will post small passages from the prologue to give all Megacraft forum members a sneak peak at what I have been working on. Today I reached 7,500 words, which, according to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, classifies my book as a novelette instead of a short story! The next milestone, according to that organization's standards is 17,500 words, but I will make a secondary post before I get there (since that is more than twice the current length of my work). So, without further ado, I present you with the opening paragraph of my prologue! I hope you enjoy!

***I ADDED MORE***

The night sky was, on any normal occasion, a beautiful sight to see from any point on the Great Mountain. Its enormous size, which was unchallenged by the plethora of lesser mountains surrounding the base of the peaceful giant, allowed for any stargazer to have an unhindered view of the millions of twinkling gems that took up their residence in the sky overhead. Tonight, however, the typical sight of the beautiful sea of celestial lights was shrouded by veil of ominous clouds. The uninvited guests covering the night sky brought with them cold and bitter wind that was enough to chill the bones of even the heartiest of the beasts that wandered the frozen northern landscape. As if a harbinger of the misfortune to come, the wind preceded a wall of white snowfall that soon consumed the mountain in its frigid embrace.
    Outside of the hill that the Fortis family had called home for generations, the relentless storm raged on through the night. The ancestors of the homely abode's current denizens had endured many hardships during past winters, and because of decades worth of modifications, the hill was, in its current state, immune to the infectious cold that dominated the outside world. The home, heated by the warmth of the earth and a crackling fire in the chimney, was small compared to most, but comfortable for the number of residents that occupied it on any regular occasion.
    A young boy, too old to sit by the fire and play with his wooden blocks, yet too young to fend for himself in combat, sat on an old stool in one corner of the room with a small piece of cloth, polishing his father’s ancient blade. The boy held the jewel encrusted golden hilt as he moved the cloth across the blade with as much care as a mother who was running her hand across the forehead of her newborn child. The heirloom was of great significance to the family; it had hung on the mantel above the fire during times of extended peace for longer than anyone could possibly remember. The child stared at the cold, reflective surface of the blade, lost in daydreams of heroically earning himself and his ancestors honor and glory with the very weapon he held within his grasp.
    In the center of the room, in front of the fire where the boy played with his blocks not many years ago, the boy’s father sat in a rocking chair that had become enfeebled with age. The man, although having been on this earth for little more than four decades, was very old. The stresses of a lifetime of perpetual war and the burden of ancient knowledge and profound responsibility had aged him well beyond his better years. The old man, who had unwillingly experienced a lifetime of action on the battlefield, now rested in his rocking chair with such a perfect stillness that any onlooker, besides the boy, might think him to have long departed from this world.
    Many years ago, the boy was himself unaccustomed to his father’s unnatural tendency to meditate for hours on end without any noticeable vital signs. Since his birth, the boy shared a special connection with his mother. No matter how much he tried to communicate or interact with the old man who now rests in the chair, the boy was unable to develop a deep connection with his father who always seemed to be mentally detached from the world around him. The boy regularly asked his mother why his father did not seem to love and care for him as she did, but the only response she could give was that he was not yet of an age where he could understand the burden facing his distant parent.
    The boy remembered his mother now as he held his family’s sword in his grasp and stared at his unmoving father. He cringed as the sight reminded him of the first time his father entered this state. The first occurrence, at least the first that the boy could remember, happened on the day following the death of the boy’s mother.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maya_

Retired Staff

I am intrigued... Seems like a book I'd read. Can't wait for more!

3. ironicmemexd

This will be epic :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chase2020J

looking forward to it

5. Mas281

6. Aipa

Very excited for this. I've tried out the survival on mega as of now, and it is kinda complicated. Hopefully whatever the new survival is will be better than the current one :)

7. kailanchauhan

And our successful mining trip was cool too. I hope we keep the 1,7 map and just ADD a 1.8 map coz i dont want to loose everything i have.
    96 block carrot farm for the win!

8. LeDerpyAria

This is like an epic beginning to an epic book x-x

9. kailanchauhan

You should publish this as a book when it is finished @Syanar

10. lzongolo

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Syanar

Based off the current plans and what has already been developed, it will be!

12. MetaMutation

This sounds Epic! And uh... hmm MegaCraft 3.0 is coming soon, I should probably get building that Museum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Noooo! It WILL NOT be called 3.0 -_-. Haha...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Samiiii

Retired Staff

Amazing! Can't wait for this to be finished!!! I am so reading this ;P

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  15. kailanchauhan

Blue are you keeping the 2.0 Map? PLEASE can you keep it coz then ill loose everything

16. Aipa

I posted that earlier that day before we went mining. I have to say, survival is a lot more fun when playing with other people.

Well I can't wait. I've been looking for a good survival server, but it seems most servers have either moved away from survival or simply doing Faction stuff, which isn't much fun. Anyways, the community here is one of the better one's I've seen.

17. Samiiii

Retired Staff

It's not only you that will loose everything. It's like having a scruffy teddy for 50 years (so much sarcasm) and getting an new one saying you wanna have the old one cuz you don't wanna loose the memories or something like that. Not saying the old survival was poop...it was class! But I can't wait for this new one, it will be amazing!

18. BiduBR

Retired Staff

There will certenly be a map download, but you wont be able to go to the map through the server only on single player.

19. xHasan_BaBaHD

omg i sooooooo wanna read this it looks so good i would leave 10000000000000000 likes if i could but saddly i could only put one.:(:oops:<3 Misty

20. RodneyWayne_

2.1?

• Winner Winner x 1