Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixel Art Acceptance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by S_R_O_J_A_M, Dec 25, 2014.

1. SR0JAM

I've been struggling to cope with why servers bash on Pixel art, it's not always as easy as people put it out to be. Sure you have your 8-Bit Mario's and your easy to do stuff, but when I put time, effort, and heart into my build, I don't want it to be meaningless. Pixel Art should be accepted as a form of building, but with a system. Say no to simplistic and yes to complex! I've tried with every rank up to Builder to submit a Pixel Art build, each time more extreme than the last. Yet all of them have the same response, "I love the build!" "It's cool" "How'd you do that", some players I've had in awe from the pure awesomeness of the build. Still in the end, the response is, "It's pixel art" they don't give you why the server doesn't accept it, they just say no. Why? The server doesn't allow it... It's a form of building correct? Check. It's nice most of the time and players love it. Check. Most importantly, players have fun making it. Check. Although, when it comes down to it, you could say all they did was look at a picture and replicate it, which I have done, but sometimes I have to do by just looking and spotting the blocks out myself. How did that player build that house? He looked at a photo of a house they found on Google and guess what... they replicated it! I know what you might be thinking "Sometimes players build houses without getting one from the internet." I build pixel arts sometimes from just my memory, of something I cherish and love, so I will spend hours working on a build to be told no. It's not right, this sounds cheesy, but I will stand up for all builds, big or small, detailed or not, if that player put in effort, it's accepted to me, same should be for the server...

P.S. I will show examples too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SR0JAM

The one of my face is nearly an entire side of a plot, I used that by just looking at a picture of myself, I put tons of effort into making it look good, the detail is amazing, see for yourself. I was denied for Builder rank with pixel art, it's not accepted period, that's my argument.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SR0JAM

I tested the server as well, I spent 10 minutes building a small house, it wasn't even good, I hated building it, and overall was just a bad experience. It got me Builder, that made me so upset, I was furious, I couldn't believe that a small, crappy house got the rank over my beloved Pixel Art. I spent nearly 3-4 hours doing the one of myself, and 10 minutes on a small house. So it's not time and effort, it's because it's pixel art.

4. SR0JAM

I didn't use a program to edit the photo into being pixelated, I've made it a couple times before and have had some practice, it still isn't spot on. My Zelda build has dozens of pieces of Pixel Art, the Temple of Time, which is nearly spot on, and it was denied for Builder. No amount of Pixel Art is accepted, period. That is why I posted, for "Pixel Art Acceptance", not because I was denied, but because it's frowned upon.

5. SR0JAM

The Zelda pixel art I was only referring to because you said "plot full", not because I didn't use a picture as a reference. The pixel art I was talking about where I had no form of reference besides an actual picture of myself, is the one of my face.

6. SR0JAM

The largest Pixel art of Link I built was a mix of both, at some points I had to look at a photo, but others I just went with what I thought would look better.

7. Zengakukatsu

I've never seen pixel art like that before.
    I think mainly pixel art isn't accepted because it is easy to copy from other places, but I mean you based the face on your face so your not copying clearly.

It looks like what you did with the faces is more like photography in minecraft rather than pixel art.

I have told people before if you dont want to make a house then don't make a house, just make something awesome... And I think you did a pretty good job at that.

I think we should try to reconsider our guidelines...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SR0JAM

Yes, thank you. I am sure I'm not the only person that has had very detailed, and complex pixel art, just the first to say something about it being denied.

9. IcebearMC

Retired Staff

The pixel art you make is good, and I'm impressed by it. But i still don't think it should be worth more then builder.

But. If you make a big pixel art, and make houses around and so on i think it should be accepted. Then the mods+ need to think of both the pixel art and the detailing of landscape and houses.

10. BiduBR

Retired Staff

another thing is that there are pixel art generators you just put a image file and boom, whole pixel art there block by block.

11. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

You've been on the server for such a small amount of time and you're telling us you made those by hand...

Everyone can clearly see that you've used programs while making that. You aint getting the rank so stop crying about it.

12. SR0JAM

Jeq, I've been on for 30 hours within the 72 hour period of 3 days, doing nothing but building. I'm not going to say it again, I do not care about getting the rank, I care about Pixel Art not being accepted period. That was the objective of the post. I have used no programs, I used world edit to outline my face with black, everything else I did. If you want, I will make another, just to prove to you that I can and did do it myself. I'm good at doing what I do because I've been doing it for long.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  13. SR0JAM

That's the thing, the pixel art was HUGE. You're telling me the opposite of what you should, I shouldn't have to build small houses and stuff, but Pixel Art isn't even a consideration. One mod reviewed my plot for 20 seconds, all he did was ask another staff member if you accepted Pixel Art, nope, it was denied, didn't even acknowledge the giant building in the center, or the floating moon, all they saw in the plot was Pixel Art, and that's a no no.

14. MysticalLoaf

Okay so I have buildings and Pixel art on my plot that I did..... Does that mean I can't get builder just because I have pixel art on my plot? I have put time and effort into everything on my plot... yes only half my plot is built but I still put time and effort into EVERYTHING....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Sorry for being too harsh on there.. I've had one of my worst christmas ever and kind if stressed out. 12 hours in car did not help the situation at all. But yea sorry.

I'll correct my point:
    So, we can not know if player actually did build the pixelart or just used the program to do it. Giving a builder rank for pixelart plot is the max for me. I know it does not sound fair to you who put time and effort making the pixelart by hand but as i said there are people who just tries to get the ranks without any effort. Also, since there is programs to do these jobs with in very small amount of time, why would you even bother to create one by hand; of course if you love making them but still. Its same as making huge sphere by hand when you can just use world edit command to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. leebisa

as long as the plot is good without the pixel art it can be accepted. maybe its that the other builds wasn't good enough to accept so the mod was asking if they accepted pixel art so that he/she could rank you based on everything including it

17. SR0JAM

Jeq, because I feel proud in saying I made that, looking at the creations, and how good they look, I know I did that, so it makes me happy. I also didn't mean for beyond builder either, but I was denied for builder as well, so that's where my argument came in. That house had nothing on the pixel art, anyone could have said that, that's why I was furious with the system. It should be allowed, that's my argument. Maybe not for experienced or architect, but builder, most certainly.

18. SR0JAM

I followed the mod around, they didn't even go inside the building :/

19. leebisa

maybe the outside didn't impress them enough to go inside.
    where is your plot i'll see if it would have got me to at least check inside

20. SR0JAM

I'll be on in a sec.