Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

Redstone Ranks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bellabribri1, Jul 17, 2016.

?

Should this idea be used?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No (Why?)

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. bellabribri1

Hey guys, so im a relatively new player, I joined about a week or so ago so if I have mentioned something here that has already been implemented or opposed, feel free to tell me in the comments :D . Anyways, on to the actual part of what this is.

-EDIT- I'm sorry this post is so long, I wanted to make sure I covered everything in case this was used there wasn't much confusion. But, basically all this is a new rank ladder different from the building so players can show off their skills.

What is this thing you call a "Redstone Rank"?

--
    A redstone rank is basically where a player could get rewarded a rank (such as Redstoner, Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, ect.) for building a plot (or a 1/4th of a plot due to the size of them and eventually whole plot if multiple ranks) full of redstone contraptions of varying difficulty while explaining the mechanics in some way.

Why in the world would we want this?

--
    It would allow more players have an oppurtunity to build for different ranks to show off their talents in other ways and educate others while doing so.

Couldn't they just all look up the contraptions on YouTube?

--
    In a nutshell, yes BUT there could be a rule stating that if a staff member believes these where all copied from the internet (no real creativity/generic) then they may be denied from a rank-up. To avoid this, maybe incorporate a structure around the redstone to show some uses for the specified contraption.

Suggested Ranking Explanation:

-- Tier Rank 1:

(i.e Redstoner) Could provide bare contraptions of varying difficulty in building and ect. on 1/4th of a plot.

--Tier Rank 2:
    (i.e Mechanic) Could provide bare contraptions of varying difficulty, while higher skilled than Tier Rank 1 as well as an explanation of the contraptions on either 1/2 of a plot or full plot (depending on preference or number of ranks).

-- Tier Rank 3:
    (i.e Engineer) Could provide covered (i.e piston door made to look like a fancy door that hides the redstone) contraptions of high dificulty in some way to show creativity and how they could be put to use and high understanding of the inventions made as well as an explanation to show full understanding of the mechanics used on a full plot.

Suggested Rules and Guidelines:

-- If a player is to build for this rank, it will cover up their building rank so player tags are not incredibly long. (i.e "[Redstoner][Experienced] bellabribri1: hello" as opposed to "[Redstoner] bellabribri1: hello").

-- To avoid confusion of switching between ranking ladders (Builder vs. Redstoner), for the redstone ranks a player can post a thread on a new Forums tab to apply with an attatched screenshot of their previous ranks. This shouldn't be too much of a problem because a player must already have an account to become Novice. But, that could be a bit difficult so, I also know of a plugin that is like /playtime but it shows you your current ranks youve earned along with your play time that is used by another server (Just PM me if interested).

If anyone has any questions or comments, please comment down below.

If you chose "No (Why?)" on the poll option please explain why in the comments.

• Like Like x 1
  2. therealjojo

I like the idea. I think that redstone builds aren't allowed in building ranks(builder, exp etc) so it would give the people that can do redstone, but can't build a rank other than novice or builder.

• Like Like x 1
  3. _Brokencrystal_

This has actually been discussed a few times before and the idea was turned down because, as Devil is going to already will have said (sometime a long long time ago :l), there is no way staff could actually tell if it was copied from YouTube or not.
    You could copy it from YouTube, then put said structure around it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  4. kailanchauhan

I have not voted since the idea is good, but there are pros and cons. My one point is that excessive amounts of redstone may slow down the server and also item drops are off so this will give limitations

5. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I dont really find this idea too great, If you have seen spidercrafts plot and been there it causes little bits of lag But just imagine having each plot with a lot of redstone on the server would blow up, and this has been discussed before in a staff meeting and it was not implemented due to the fact of it could be copied of youtube and staff cant tell if it was or not.

There for i voted No

6. zLynn

I like this idea a lot, and it would be a fun new aspect to the server. The main problem is, there is absolutely no way to tell if someone straight-up copies a plot from online, or actually makes it from scratch. There are so many redstone videos online. Even if a staff member was going to watch you build it, the chances of them noticing anything are slim, as building a large redstone contraption requires a lot of thinking, which can be faked by pausing the video, flying around, and then building a bit. This idea has been suggested multiple times, and each time it has been turned down.

Overall, it's a good idea in concept, but there's no way to tell if it is copied or not.

LOL I never said anything :p

7. hbl

hbl

How would you know if it was discussed in a staff meeting?

8. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I know because when this was going around, a argument started about it and a staff member had said it was discussed in a staff meeting and it has been turned down the idea,

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. zLynn

It was also in the staff skype chat about like 6 months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. _Brokencrystal_

Alright, I edited it. Is that good enough?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1