Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redstone ranks

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Lysus, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysus

Retired Staff

» Mod/Plugin Name: none
    » Download Link: none
    » Why should it be added:
    So I understand that redstone ranks aren't a thing on the server due to the issue of copying redstone builds in order get ranks and I agree that this is a good reason for not having redstone ranks. However I had a suggestion for how redstone ranks could possibly work, of course if you still don't agree then that's ok. Anyway to my explanation. So i believe that the server could do one of two things both of which have overlapping concepts. So first there could be multiple redstone ranks, even something like 2 levels. So the lowest level could have no real benefits and could just be a simple rank based on how a plot looks. So essentially like the equivalent of Novice for redstone, then for a higher rank, there will be a need for the person who wants a rankup to have to give an in depth explanation of the build being submitted for the rank up to show that the person had a very good understanding of the redstone itself showing to the extent that it is obvious that they designed the build itself. My other possible recommendation for the rank is just to have only one rank which requires the in depth explanation, but the build will need to be of a very high caliber and the person must be able to fully explain the build. The reason why extremely in depth questions help with verifying if someone copied or not is that there are rarely any tutorials online that will go that far in depth and far less of those are builds that are very complex. Of course like i said, if the server feels that this won't be enough then ok

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darknebula123

Retired Staff

Yeah, I would really like this concept too. It would also help with the current observer issue. Hope they implement this ^^

3. Manenkhamun

Maybe three ranks: and you need novice for the first rank (the easier one).

Each rank is based on one singular contraption you make. You can't have a redstone rank and a building rank at the same time- only one or the other. Each contraption you make must be lag-free.

Rank 1: Electrician (Light Red) Slightly difficult. This is the only redstone rank that depends on the size of your machine: It must take up at least 1/4 of the plot and be very large vertically as well. As long as it works perfectly and shows actual dedication, the rank is awarded. No plots awarded.

Rank 2: Inventor (Light Green) Difficult. Must be something original, not copied off a tutorial. Size doesn't matter, hoewever the complexity and ingeniousness of the machine does. You have to think outside of the box to do this one, nothing other people have already done or is something a lot of redstoners know how to do. This rank and up can use Observers. Serious redstoners should attain this rank. 5 plots awarded.

Rank 3: Genius (Purple) Insane. This rank encompasses your entire portfolio: You must have many Inventor-level builds on your plots and be very inventive with solutions to redstone problems. Not a lot of people should get this. 10 plots awarded.

Thoughts? Just throwing out ideas.

4. Darknebula123

Retired Staff

We could also have more than just one contraption in a redstone plot. Etc. several contraptions into one redstone house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.