Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revision of the "Caps" rule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProbablySid_, Jun 17, 2018.

1. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

Hello,

I've noticed recently that staff have been warning/muting people for caps usage that I don't particularly agree with. I won't single out any specific cases but it seems to be more common, which seems to suggest it is more of a new thing.

When I was staff, we only seemed to mute people if the use of caps was clearly excessive, i.e. "I hate THIS NEW RULE SO VERY MUCH" but now it seems that people can get muted for using proper grammar but unfortunately it goes over the caps limit. For example, if someone were to say "Fortnite is far better than PUBG because it has a more friend UI and the GUI is greater than the HUD." they would get muted, under what is presumably the new rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. B3CKDOOR

Retired Staff

Personally i look at the context of the caps used before i issue an warning, becouse certain terms like PUBG are supposed to be in caps due to that being the official name.

Example:
    Oh wow PUBG looks so nice AND they added ALOT of NEW items and even LOOTBOXES!

This would bring the caps counter to 18, which is too much.

Example 2:

Did you know that PUBG actually added some new skins to the game, I really think that PUBG did a really nice job at fixing all of the PUBG bugs.

This all depends on the staff on duty at that moment, but generally speaking staff will use common sense.

If you still think that staff muted you unfairly you can always apply for a unmute, then someone else will look at the case and decide if it was righteous or not.

3. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

I think the issues from the original post is that not all staff is looking at the example 2 as not breaking the caps rule and punishing players for caps. It was brought up because not all staff are viewing it as a non-warning for example 2 or use "common sense" when viewing proper names such as PUBG in caps.

4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

I was once warned for saying something along the lines of "Fortnite is getting sued by PUBG, because they think that the concept of the game was Copied even though H1Z1 was made first."

It was something like that, and you saw how i had 9 caps in that whole sentence without spamming? Yea....