Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RP groupchat!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ElMandie, May 10, 2015.

?

Good idea!

1. Yes FTW

91.7%
  2. No <-- If you say no, all the cake will be gone!

8.3%
  1. NeedlessMemes

So, RPers, they are annoying, and taking up the chat, so I had a brainwave, RP commands! Such as /rp join (RP name), /rp create (RP name) /rp name (Name of your character in RP) /rp leave basically everything RP in one plugin called lets say, "RP_Chat"

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. mandorrhea

I vote no. It could cause people to spam in those chats, annoying the people in it. Also, if you need to talk to staff or someone else, you would have to leave it and join back. Finally, staff wouldn't have control over what happens in the chats because they wouldn't be able to see them. I understand that roleplayers can be annoying at times. But they aren't going on 24/7. For a plugin this complicated you might aswell have a separate roleplay server which would be completely unnecessary. Overall, it would be too complicated.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DonaldJohnTrump_

Is there is an issue , most likely someone would report the issue and staff can take care of it

4. mandorrhea

Who are you asking? xD

5. DonaldJohnTrump_

I meant if there is an issue.......

6. mandorrhea

I realize that @Charger15. But this would make more work for the staff. The reports would be frequent and would get irritating.

7. TheRedM8

This is a good suggestion, but there might be people joining other people's RPs and making their "RP experience" bad.

8. mandorrhea

Exactly what I was thinking.

9. DonaldJohnTrump_

There should be a command such as /rp accept <IGN> and to send a request /rp join <RP name> and only the owner of the RP can use the accept command and the owners would be responsible for anything that happens during the RP since they accepted that player and added them to the plot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DonaldJohnTrump_

Also a /rp kick <IGN> in case there is an issue during the RP

11. NeedlessMemes

Nooooooo! ElMando won't get any cake now!

12. mandorrhea

I was agreeing with the fact that staff wouldn't be able to moderate properly. I was too lazy to delete everything other than that part in the quote. :p

13. mandorrhea

I honestly don't like cake. I know, weird. o_O:p

14. mandorrhea

I would completely be all in with this plugin but considering RolePlays only occur usually 1-3 times a day. Usually only lasting a half of an hour max. Therefor not taking up chat a large majority of the time. I feel this would be a good addition once more people join and RolePlays occur more frequently. There are higher priorities than this. But, once it is added if Blu agrees, I'd reccomend adding a command like /rp list to list all the RolePlays you're able to join. With a command like this it will require many complicated commands. Such as setting characters and there "personality, etc." (would take multiple different commands to set each of them.) and being able to view the statistics as a member of the roleplay. There would also need to be commands to start, stop, accept people into the rp, kick people out, and any other required commands. You would also have to work in a feature for staff to be able to see the rp chats in order to moderate. (They also wouldn't be able to see the chats while on other servers like you can when in open chat because this would require everyone to see it.) Like I said before, this isn't exactly a priority. You can live with hearing roleplayers, it isn't the end of the world. With that, I conclude my statement.

15. DonaldJohnTrump_

Really the only commands that they would need are:
    /RP create <RP name>
    /RP join <RP name>
    /RP leave
    /RP kick <IGN>
    /RP accept <IGN>
    /RP delete <RP name>
    These are the only 6 commands that would most likely be used (I might have forgot a couple) and there isn't a need to give character names since they use a format in chat such as "Alex> Blah Blah Blah". Anyways I am just proving that it isn't that many commands that would be needed. I know that the process of creating these would be difficult but once it is done (if possible) this RP issue will be fixed.

16. mandorrhea

Wouldn't you need to make all the characters if you're the host?

17. DonaldJohnTrump_

There wouldn't be a need for that since players can make a list and assign "characters" on their own like they normally do.

18. mandorrhea

Well, why have this if it isn't going to say what character you were? You would have to do the whole *name*> *text* thing. But, if you're wondering which character is which, you could add a command that shows who the character is. (Username)

19. mandorrhea

So, essentially what I got was that it would basically just be a group chat.

20. NeedlessMemes

You don't like cake? You're not a good person then...