Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules and other things

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KadrekXD, Aug 3, 2016.

1. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Hey guys, so there has been a lot of debate and grief in some cases about the rules and the road Mega has headed on. I'll try and stay somewhat unbiased in this thread and try and offer some suggestions that I think would solve some issues and make both sides of the situation satisfied.

The Debrief -

So basically in order to understand the suggestions I'm making, there needs to be some context. This is for those who weren't involved primarily. There has been a hand-full of players on the server that have been dedicated to the community for years now, and have seen Mega from where it started, and how to grew since then. These players saw Mega when there were essentially no rules other than the basics, such as no spamming, advertising, things like this. Now compared to the server now, there are easily 50x more rules compared to a few years ago. The staff however, being the other side of this argument, see the rules as a way to monitor chat and make their jobs easier, and to provide a "better and friendlier environment" to the server. Recently, the group mentioned first has given some back lash to some of the rules added within the past few weeks, and essentially have gotten banned and muted multiple times because of it, most buying an unban.

My Suggestions and Reasoning -

So, the staff always claim that the people themselves wanted this strict and heavily enforced environment. I am not necessarily disagreeing, however in my perspective, I don't really see how that's accurate YET. I have never seen someone explicitly say they wanted a filter or censorship. (Not saying people don't feel this way) Ultimately, Blue wants to create an environment that the people feel safe and comfortable in, and in my opinion, the only way to do that is to get the direct opinion of the people. Regardless of how much you claim they want something, (In my opinion) I don't think it is fair to say that anyone asked for anything. Period. This leads me to my first suggestion:

1. Poll the people.
    • This means, create a poll asking, Do you want a filter against swear words? Or even get more specific and poll which words people are ok with versus words they aren't.
    • I do not mean you have to poll people for every single rule, some are obvious, such as advertising and spamming.
    One idea to implement this, since the forums target only a specific audience, ie the dedicated community, make the poll in game. I know you can do it Blue. Just prompt people with something like "hey we need your opinion, *ask question* if you answer you get $420, click yes or no on the screen." boom. the active players will respond and have incentive to do so.

2. Make the "rules" more definitive.

By this I mean, I have been told probably 3-4 times that not all the rules listed under /rules are the entire rule set, and that we should also be abiding by some other rule list posted on the forums. That, and the rules are so so so subjective. What one staff member says is "inappropriate" or "harassment" another may completely disagree. So what I mean by this, is that you should compile a more comprehensive list, something well thought out and easy to understand. Make the rules less ambiguous and up for debate. Either that, or get rid of the rules completely and make it clear the staff dictate any decision completely. You can't have a rule set and have a set of staff members that will ban someone for saying "pussy cat" like I saw today. @mattman2k12 @Maya_ Even me, someone who has seen this server grow for years now.. I have no *swear word* clue what is against the rules and what is within the rule. I've been muted once for a reason I still don't understand @YaBoiSyd I hadn't said a word for about 15 minutes and all of the sudden winded up with a mute.

3. Why Is @Maya_ still even staff?

Sorry to be so blunt and I'm not hating or trying to bully anyone, but I literally only see Maya cause trouble for this community. Whether that be on teamspeak or on the server, if you hold the rules and the environment so dearly, why would you continue to give someone like this power? I could go on about this for probably 21 hours straight. I don't think I really need to, because even other staff members I've talked to about this have agreed, whether they want to make that apparent publicly or not. Whether she is a good staff member has little to do with what I am talking about. (Which by the way, she dishes out punishments way harsher than anyone else on the server. Ask anyone) She causes more drama within the community and more arguments than any one person, including mattman hoggy and bomber combined. Seems pretty ridiculous right? (Sorry Maya, I know we are on somewhat good terms right now, but I have to be honest)

4. I feel like the money sink in place right now, ie the color change for your level tag, could be better. I think you should add something that ALL people would find useful. What I mean is, changing the color for 1 mil wont really entice that many people. A few will, for sure, but why not make something every player could use. My idea is, add a pickaxe, sword, whatever, something like that, to where it takes some time and money to obtain. Lay it out like the sky essence stuff, where you can buy components for 20k each and it requires like 30-40 of them to finish, and in return for all that money, you get a sword or pickaxe or whatever that is better than anything else you can buy or obtain through the keys. I feel like something like this would be the best way to have a money sink. You can even make it a series of items and armor. Run the math and make it cost whatever amount of money you see fit. Make it to where you can't /fix the items you get, so that they break eventually and gives people an incentive to buy it again. Not everyone will buy it either, but with people who have 7 million dollars @BiduBR then it gives them something to work on/buy. It also gives people who have less money something to continually work towards, so like you don't need to have 1 million dollars to just buy it straight up, you can work on etc.

5. This one is less of a suggestion but more of a question. I got some vote keys and used them, I got straight up garbage. Are we trying to make the vote chest not give anything worth while or is there a chance to get stuff worth while? I'm just wondering because maybe instead of a vote key for a chest, you could give like 1 sky essence for every 4 votes. I feel like that would help people work towards crates that have something worth while in it. If you're trying to make it pay to win for the $$ for advertising, I understand that too. Just let me know your thoughts.

Anyway that's about all I can think of right now. @BlueFusion12 @ItzAntony just know I am not mad and I am not trying to call you guys out or anything like that. These are purely suggestions and in my opinion I think it would help solve some of the issues with some of this stuff. I think to say that only a vocal minority is causing issues isn't a fair statement. They are the community that draws people to stay. Also, the "majority" who doesn't have a problem with what you implement, as you say, doesn't care because they are generally new to the server. When I join hypixel, and there's a rule or something I don't like, my first thought isn't to go and complain to the owner about it... I just deal with it and play even if I don't like it. Now you say you do everything for the players, now is the time to show that. I think my solution with the polling would give the majority aka the new players a direct voice, not just what your think they want. If the players all vote for a swear filter, then no one can complain anymore, because we will have definitive evidence that the majority wants it. Whether your opinion or theirs is best for the server, ultimately, the goal is to give the people who come and play here a good experience. That experience should be malleable to the players, not what the owner thinks they want. And please, don't take this like I am calling you out. I am simply trying to give my opinion on all of this, and try and give some solutions that I think would be good instead of just bitching and complaining. (I also formatted it just for you boofusion <3)

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

On a final note, I just want to give this little paragraph to @RoboJackPlays for having just an awful attitude on the server. http://imgur.com/a/PPLOV http://prnt.sc/c18v98 http://prnt.sc/c18vj7 and that's just scratching the surface https://gyazo.com/99d6e5768fc01063cc79ffecd83fc798 https://gyazo.com/cf746d41d7e7ee40e4d36f631ea80bdd https://gyazo.com/4b646bcd040aaf6830960771c87b63ea https://gyazo.com/ca8ecd748eec765539c3f934bf011077 https://gyazo.com/1336da2a443cfd7804767725b745a25a https://gyazo.com/541fecab5cc7c67e1489037f75a35a89 Honestly just disgraceful and a real shame that you guys continue to let someone so homophobic and honestly just toxic on the server and even in your internal affairs.

Share your ideas on how to improve upon my ideas or why you think it wouldn't work etc. Thanks for reading and remember, I don't mean any of this in a bad way. I genuinely just want to see Mega progress and be better. I didn't spend all this time here for nothing :p Love u blue don't hate me after this I'm not trying to be a pain.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Samiiii

Retired Staff

r de shiz kad. u kewl

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BiduBR

Retired Staff

THE MEGACRAFT REPUBLICAN ARMY FULLY SUPPORTS THIS THREAD AND WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE @KadrekXD .

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Givenchy

Retired Staff

well said
    Formatted in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
    10/10 read it again
    1 liek = 1 respeck 4 harambe

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Agreed.

7. FrogByChoice

Retired Staff

I agree with most things but one, the third one please explain "causing arguments" be a bit more specific than that as i don't see it.

8. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

@KadrekXD I feel honoured to have my own paragraph in this thread. All of these screenshots that have been given are over 6 months old. This also happened before the no swearing rule was introduced to MegaCraft. Most of the screenshots were taken from Private Skype chats between me and that user, these should not have been shared publicly on here nor do they effect in game punishments.

At the time I was punished for what I did and I accepted my punishment and learnt from my mistakes. I have not since done anything like this nor do I plan to. I am more respectful now and I follow the rules set by the team.

This situation was resolved and ended 6 months ago and was not required in this thread. I am guessing that you and a few other users have decided to do this to cause drama within the community again, as well as trying to hurt my in game reputation to the server. I'm not saying I am perfect because everyone and me knows that and if you read though the original thread made on the topic I explain I am in the wrong there. This topic did not need a bump and I will not be making any more public statements on this situation and if you wish to talk about this further please feel free to via forums PM.

9. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I'm very happy about this post and I do agree with a lot of these things, but I think the things about Maya and Jack could be in a different post.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

The other day, i was playing right Some dude started calling people fat,ugly,stupid, etc.,and swearing, I then said Helper! (not gonna say name) he is being mean
    this helper replied with " Dude hes just joking he doesnt know", Uhh wtf? m8 he was calling people fat ugly and stupid and swearing and your not muteing him? your basically getting warned, And i thought staff dont warn anymore.

"Poll the people. " You said, I TOTALY AGREE!
    Just because one person on the forums started arguing and saying the rules arent strict enough doesnt mean that we all say that.

11. JackCosens

Apart from the un-needed edit to the thread there are a lot of things I agree to within this thread. Making rules less vague and polling the server to see what the community wants. These are all valid points and I can agree to some of them.

This is not true. Maya is just like every other staff member and enforces the rules just as much as the rest. People seemed to have taken a slight disliking to this staff member and that is fine, we are on the internet not everyone is going to like each other but was there really a need to call Maya out with so many bias points?

I also doubt that this is true. Staff members follow a list of punishments for different offences and these punishments get more and more harsh as the offence gets worse, committing offences multiple times also extends your punishment.

You really dont like the swear filter do you? There is a limit to 'voting' there are just some things that need to be decided by the staff team. Since our chat filter has been put into place I have seen a huge limitations on swearing and vulgar language. This seems to make the chat a lot more welcoming and less 'toxic' to talk in. Limits have to be put into place or the server turns chaotic too quickly.

But all of that a-side 10/10 formatting!

12. Maya_

Retired Staff

Yo, I know I'm being harsh, yeah. I'm a bad staff? Okay, your opinion. I understand where you're coming from. I'd just like to point out that I go by what the other staff tell me.

Also, I muted Matt for being inappropriate. He said pussy, which was when I reacted, and in another line he said cat. If he had said "pussy cat" in one line, I wouldn't have muted him. I also mistook (apparently) you saying cock for him saying it. So I'll admit, that part was on me.

I'll be honest, there are issues with the way us staff react to things others do. I, personally, get confused quite easily with our mute/ban system.

So, my apologies, if I get on yours, and others' nerves with my punishments. And please, do NOT say that I must've misread this, because I'm owning up to my mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. lldamoll

For everyone wondering how Maya causes arguments its down to the lack of consistency in muting and banning people. (It's not only her that isn't consistent) however when called out of her lack of consistency she will immediately tell you not to argue and say she doesn't remember every-time she muted someone. But isn't that what the whole system is about? Keeping it fair so you don't get away with what another person does get away with? Why else does the system look so structured? Also Frog and Maya are often online together. Often players get muted by one of them while they are both on but then if you ask about the mutes Frog will say "I have no control over what Maya does" or the other way around. But aren't you a staff TEAM? isn't the system meant to be FAIR? why would One person get muted for longer than another for similar reasons? Why would one person not get muted for a week on their 4th mute but another would not? Why does one person not get perm muted on their 5th but others do? Why does one person have to buy an unmute even though they never received their week long mute but another doesn't? why do staff run from these questions and constantly tell me to stop arguing?

Also People don't seem to get - No one is complaining about staff muting people for breaking rules but complaining that not even the staff can agree on whether people should be muted for what they've done. Fweep for example was muted last night (His 5th mute and was meant to be perm) but Blue saw it happen and said it shouldn't be a mute. Now what if blue wasn't there? Fweep would have no longer been part of the community. The mute system doesn't work. Having a staff meeting to discuss a new system WON'T work. Ask the people. ask the community (ANY PLAYER OTHER THAN STAFF OR THE 5 PEOPLE SUCKING UP TO STAFF). Don't consider TS people the community? Fine. go find the people you do consider the community and ask them.

When Staff cause more problems than they solve you know its not working. When they run from the problems caused its just frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Maya_

Retired Staff

If we read it and it says "4th mute" there is a possibility that someone unmuted them to reset their mute for a longer time, and the info for that doesn't display when we look it up. So it could've been their 3rd mute, but really it says 4th.

15. lldamoll

Maya I literally explained the whole thing to you yesterday but you were too busy telling me you're not arguing to listen. I'm done trying with you, you have no intention of actually trying to sort stuff out,you just want to ignore problems and take as little blame as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Maya_

Retired Staff

That's not true... Sorry if you think that. I definitely do blame myself, if you didn't read what I said, I'm trying to own up to things.

17. Kutze_

Kutze_ Formerly known as Kootze_

Why does it matter if its over 6 months old or not it still happened

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JackCosens

At this time I think that MegaCraft is done with you and your 'buddies' you are consistently trying to cause arguments and drama within the community and its starting to effect people.

19. JackCosens

You are correct it happened but bringing it back up like this is just going to cause more issues.

20. lldamoll

Lol, WELL IM HERE TO STAY BUDDY :)))

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2