Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock lag solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SUPERxSNAP, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Divine_Sophie

Warning: Opinions below. You're under no obligation to feel the same way about a particular subject as me, so please do not get offended by anything that I propose or say. Enjoy :)

So Skyblock has been unusually laggy as of today, and although the cause is likely a collection of factors, a significant and yet solvable factor i figured is probably chickens. Given how easily they can be reproduced (Spawn eggs, Spawners, breeding and by throwing eggs), it's likely that many players have acquired hundreds of chickens, and likely have them trapped all on the exact same block, or at least in an enclosed space. My suggestion would be to have all chickens wipe alongside the entity resets, so that these chickens do not become overly used and cause enormous lag to the server. Otherwise, I propose having staff members frequently remove all chickens manually, with a 5-minute heads-up for those with chickens to kill them.

"What about those that have spent a long time getting their chickens?"
    Then they should have a large number of eggs that they can use to get them back, so I cannot see this being a problem to many people.

"But then what's the point in having chickens anyways, if they're just going to be reset?"
    I also have a solution to this: Create an alternative Chicken Spawner recipe that involves a Chicken Spawn egg, surrounded by say, eight Diamonds or so. This way, players will still be able to create chicken farms and will be able to reap the benefits of having this entity on their islands, however they will not be able to create farms involving thousands of chickens that strain the server.

Note: Both the alternative spawner recipe and the regular reset will apply only to the Chicken entity, and no additional entities will be affected.

What are your opinions on this? Do you agree or disagree, and why? :)

2. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I used to play on another skyblock server
    and the rule was only
    150 of anytime of animal confined in that little space
    If not you will loose something valubale on your island.
    I have been noticing lag too
    I strongly agree with you on this on.

- rye

3. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

We've noticed and will address this. I'd rather not clear entities on reset but instead have limits per island on passive and aggressive mobs.

I'll keep you all updated on the changes we make.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. zLynn

Deleted

5. Leopard_Pal

On a server I like playing on-It is 7 animals per chunk-50 per island and 10 hostile mobs per chunk-unlimited for island-though hostile mobs do despawn

6. zLynn

Doesn't that chunk restriction completely remove the point of mob spawners? Unless you had your mob spawner have like a 2x2 outlet and have that outlet span over 4 chunks.

7. Leopard_Pal

People just use grinders and they do spawn chickens in groups of up to 7

8. _Brokencrystal_

Slightly confused, you just said fifty mobs per island, then said unlimited per island.

9. Leopard_Pal

50 neutral mobs-animals-don't despawn

Unlimited hostile mobs-monsters-do despawn

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

We've set a limit on passive mob breeding per island as well as included aggressive mobs in the periodic entity clear. So far the lag appears to be solved. We will continue to look for better solutions that will allow us to bump the entity count allowed per island in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Divine_Sophie

Perhaps the number of passive mobs that you're allowed to have on your island could scale with your actual Island level? For example for every 200 levels, you could be allowed to breed an additional 10 mobs?

12. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

So a theoretical person with an island level of 6000 could breed an additional 300 mobs? The islands that were causing the majority of the lag had 300-500 mobs on them. If we increase the mob count for any island, it should be for all islands. That would occur if and when we are able to decrease the intensity of entities.

13. Divine_Sophie

I believe the biggest issue was that chickens were being hoarded for money. After all, eggs sell for $100 per 16, and chickens can be bred far faster than any other passive mob. Why not introduce an alternative crafting recipe for chicken spawners that's more affordable for players, and then have chickens be removed by the regular entity resets that occur? If I had to guess, I'd say that it's chickens that are causing the most lag, so this seems like a viable solution as well c: