Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Suggestions #1

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SUPERxSNAP, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Divine_Sophie

Warning: Opinions below. You're under no obligation to feel the same way about a particular subject as me, so please do not get offended by anything that I propose or say. Enjoy :)

Hey ya'll, so my sheep are probably going to take a while to breed, so in the meantime I'm going to propose a few changes that I believe would benefit the Skyblock server.

Remove Keep inventory and Creeper damage output
    Is this Skyblock, or creative mode with a health bar? By allowing us to keep our inventory whenever we fall off our islands, you're eliminating the main risk of the gamemode. This should really be removed - If you fall off your island, you should lose all your items, especially given how easy it is to survive falling into the void by teleporting to your Island home. Please at least give us the illusion that there's a risk associated with death on this server, as if it's too easy then it'll become unenjoyable. Similarly, I have noticed that not only do Creepers not damage your island in any way due to mob griefing being set to false, but they do not damage the player either, no matter how close to them you get, and no matter how provocative you are towards them. They can damage other entities, so why not players as well? It just seems inconsistent, and it removes a necessary and significant risk associated with Skyblock, which is supposed to be a challenging map, after all.

Wider variety of loot from chests
    Receiving the same loot, primarily quarts, cobblestone and chicken, becomes very demotivating, very quickly, especially seeing as these items are only going to benefit a user who has literally just started their island. I propose adding the following items to the 'Vote Crate' drop table, so that you're more likely to receive a variety of loot from voting, rather than the same back-to-back items:
    -12 coal (Common)
    -32 coal (Uncommon)
    -12 iron (Rare)
    -5 diamonds (Rare)
    -32 stone brick (Common)
    -Iron tool set (Uncommon)
    -Chain armour set (Uncommon)
    -32 torches (Common %)
    -Diamond sword (Rare %)
    -Diamond Pickaxe (Rare %)
    -Shield (Uncommon)
    -16 bones (Uncommon)
    -8 bonemeal (Common)
    -Assortment of saplings (Uncommon)
    -2 oak saplings (Common)
    -12 sand (Uncommon)
    -24 dirt (Uncommon)

The intent of introducing these additions is to provide both a wider and less repetitive variety of loot, as well as a realistic chance of giving loot that more developed players are able to benefit from.

Increase cost of Iron Golem spawners
    Iron Golem spawners, although the most expensive spawner on the store, are simply too inexpensive still. It's infinite iron we're talking about, and at a far greater rate than you'd get from a genuine iron farm consisting of villagers. This is incredibly damaging to the economy, and either the cost of these spawners should be increased, or they should be removed completely, since in the long run, heck even in the short run, they're crippling to the in-game Skyblock economy, and devalues any and all efforts to actually invest time into getting a legitimate iron farm.

Shop additions and price reconsiderations
    One question - Why does a name-tag cost $30,000? To put this into perspective, half a stack of diamonds only sets you back by $25,600 or so, so this massive price-tag, alongside the $10,000 for a saddle, is massively unnecessary. If anything, surely inaccessible items should warrant the largest price tags, and saddles are always obtained in bulk from the Nether, whilst name-tags can be purchased from villagers. Below are a few changes that I'd like to propose happen to the current in-game shop: Some I feel are necessary, whereas others are more of a novelty:

-Reduce the name-tag cost to $1,250
    -Reduce the saddle cost to $600
    -Increase Netherbrick price to $1,000 (Why is this the cheapest block, and why is it cheaper than 'rack anyways? o.o )
    -Add Sea lanterns to the 'Blocks' page because it's absolutely gorgeous ($1,250 p/32)
    -Increase cost of glass to $5,000 p/64 (Currently $1,100 p/64)
    -Add Rabbit spawner ($36,000 p/1)
    -Add creeper spawner ($100,000 p/1)
    -Add single quantities of Wheat seed, Pumpkin seed and Melon seed (For da noobs)
    -Remove the entire 'Dyes' page, since it completely defeats the difficulty of the Shepherd "challenge"
    -Remove the cake from the 'Food' page, since it completely defeats multiple "challenges"
    -Remove the Mushroom Stew from the 'Food' page, since it completely defeats multiple "challenges"
    -Remove Pumpkin Pie from the 'Food' page, since it completely defeats multiple "challenges"
    -Increase the price of Flint and Steel to $350 p/1 (Currently $50 p/1)
    -Increase the price of Shears to $350 p/1 (Currently $100/p1)
    -Reduce the quantity of arrows to eight (currently $50 p/64)
    -Reduce the quantity of Slimeballs to 32 (Currently $2600 p/64)
    -Reduce the sell price of Egg to $25 (Currently $100 p/16) (Will discourage mass farming of chickens, will hugely benefit the server's laggy state as well as the economy in the long run)
    -Decrease sell price of Melon Seeds to $80 (Currently $220 p/64)
    -Increase sell price of Pumpkin Seeds to $220 (Currently $80 p/64, were the Melon and Pumpkin seed sell prices supposed to be the other way around?)
    -Reduce sell price of Cactus to $55 (Currently $200 p/64, way too easily farmed and can be done automatically)
    -Reduce sell price of Sugarcane to $55 (Currently $350 p/64, way too easily farmed and can be done automatically)
    -Reduce sell price of Melon to $80 (Currently $220 p/64)
    -Increase sell price of Pumpkin to $220 (Currently $100 p/64)
    -Increase prices of acacia and dark oak items, since I'm guessing they're supposed to be a novelty
    -Remove / increase price of bookshelves, since they remove a significant grinding aspect of Skyblock (Being the necessity of cows and sugarcane farms)
    -Remove / increase price of Ink Sac's, since they remove a significant grinding aspect of Skyblock (Being the necessity of a Squid farm), and also remove the enjoyment from completing a challenge that rewards the player with them
    -Increase the buy price of Sand to $5,000 p/64 (Currently $1350/p64)

Introducing novelty items
    Novelty items are fun cosmetic additions to the shop that'll provide a solid incentive for already wealthy players to continue playing Skyblock once the major obstacles have been overcome. They can be seen as 'collectibles', given that they're completely unobtainable outside of the shop.
    -Guardian boss head ($550,000)
    -Wither boss head ($2,750,000)
    -Dragon boss head ($5,250,000)
    -Rainbow leather tunic ($15,000,000)*
    -Rainbow leather pants ($7,500,000)*
    -Rainbow leather hat ($5,750,000)*
    -Rainbow leather boots ($5,750,000)*
    -Player head ($750,000)**
    -List of various interesting heads ($100,000 each)

*Rainbow leather equipment is modified leather equipment that is enchanted with Unbreaking X and will repeatedly flicker between a variety of colours, allowing you to show off your wealth to those around you.
    **Unique to every player, so that you can trade them and catch 'em all.. or uh, collect 'em all.

What are your opinions on these suggestions? Do you like / dislike them, and if so, why? :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. _Brokencrystal_

Most of these I agree with, except some sell price lowering for farms, as well as the whole melon/pumpkin thing. Remember that every one pumpkin gives you four seeds, not one. Also, to most peoples who play a lot, 200$ is NOTHING, that shouldn't need lowering much, if at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kailanchauhan

I'm yet to start a skyblock for myself, but coming from an 'outsider', I would keep keepInventory because it frustrates many players and I would disagree with your 3rd point about golems as from what I've heard, it allows players to progress quickly which gives satisfaction. We wouldn't want to remove satisfaction now, would we?

4. Divine_Sophie

My mate and I have only just gotten our iron golem farm working after three days of effort, and it's quite demotivating to see other players just buying a portable one with better spawn rates. I imagine that they'll become rarer once the 30% off code has subsided, though I still reckon they're way too cheap.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kailanchauhan

~ too cheap

6. Divine_Sophie

My bad :x Had just woken up

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DankMasterTyler

i like most the points you say in this accept the fall of the edge and lose your items when i expand my base i dont want to lose stacks of slabs when i die i like the system they have now for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Here is what I've done so far:
    - Added some new things to the vote crate
    - Adjusted nether brick pricing
    - Added Sea Lanterns
    - Increased glass price slightly (not as large of a change as you suggested)

Things I'm not doing:
    - Decreasing cost of nametags: They are a novelty item like those you suggested. It's a symbol of wealth and is purely cosmetic.
    - Disabling "keep inventory": We are trying to appeal to a larger audience who are not as hardcore as you and I. While it would be something that would match the way I would prefer to play, the majority of the server would not respond well if they were to fall off their island and lose their progress.

I'm somewhat short on time so I'll be getting to some of your other suggestions soon. Also, love the idea of the novelty items!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Divine_Sophie

:eek: You are my hero <3

Thanks for the response, and for implementing a few of these suggestions. c:

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 2