Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Suggestions #3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SUPERxSNAP, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Divine_Sophie

Warning: Opinions below. You're under no obligation to feel the same way about a particular subject as me, so please do not get offended by anything that I propose or say. Enjoy :)

Heh, more suggestions, yay... c:

Ocean biome
    The ocean biome is one that is currently absent from the list of selectable biomes, and I find this to be quite disappointing given the benefits of them.

First of all, the only mobs that can spawn in an ocean biome are Squids, meaning that not only is it easier to create a squid farm, but it's the go-to biome when you just want to build, afk, or chill on your paradise in the sky without being stabbed, mauled and shot to death by hostile mobs. Secondly, the ocean biome greatly compliments the Fishing skill, given that to receive the benefits of the 'Master Angler' perk, you need to be either in a boat or an ocean biome.

Introducing the ocean biome wouldn't just benefit those that are trying to train their Fishing skill, however. I can't speak for everybody, but when I was starting out I was very low on torches (and still am, many days later), nor did I have armour adequate enough to withstand multiple hostile enemies at once. Thus, the ocean biome would be a fantastic default biome for newly created islands, since it's pretty discouraging to be killed early on, especially when you don't have many items that you can afford to lose.

Sky biome
    The sky biome, also known as the End biome, is one that houses very few unique perks of its own, and yet the perks that it does offer can be greatly beneficial, especially in the later game when wanting to either farm enderpearls for transportation and crafting uses, or simply wanting to apply a unique, dark taint to the environment. These are the most notable changes: Endermen spawn exclusively, and the sky becomes darker and looks totally badass.
    I reckon it'd be great to lock this biome, and grant it only to those with an island level of say, 1,000+. Alternatively, its accessibility could be offered as a reward for completing all Skyblock Challenges, thus providing a true, long-term incentive to complete everything that Skyblock has to offer.

Another Sky Essence use

In the thread that I created yesterday, I made a bunch of suggestions regarding additional uses of Sky Essence. Here's another one that I reckon will benefit McMMO fans such as myself:
    upload_2016-8-1_15-59-50.png
    This recipe, rather than giving the player an actual item, will instead apply 2,000 experience points to the user's Excavation skill, since it is currently impossible to train Excavation once you have depleted all natural excavation-related resources from both your main island and Nether island. Sure, the skill will still be tedious and expensive to train, but at least it'd be possible to train now :)
    Materials required: 1x Sky essence, 8x grass

What are your opinions on these suggestions? Do you like/dislike them, and if so, why? c:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DankMasterTyler

i like the idea of excavation level training i think it will play out well on the mctop leaderboards

• Like Like x 1
  3. _Brokencrystal_

But if there is nothing to excavate why do we need the skill?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kailanchauhan

I think the extra biomes would be nice since players want a peaceful skybloc. Having no mobs would be good for the player and in turn, prevent faster progress.

And as you said for end biome, you could farm things which would be useful for more advanced players.

5. Divine_Sophie

It's just awkward having every stat high, with that one random skill being stuck at say, level 30 or so. Plus, it provides an additional and permanent use for Sky essence.

6. _Brokencrystal_

Soooo, nothing actually practical then.
    I thought mcmmo skills capped at 2500 or something?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Divine_Sophie

The main purpose of the crafting recipe is to give people something to use their essence on, once they've depleted all other uses. It isn't supposed to actually give any benefit, it just allows you to train a skill that otherwise cannot be trained, so that you can reap the benefits of say, the Drill Breaker ability, which has a length that scales with your Excavation level.

8. _Brokencrystal_

Yes, exactly. Don't the skills cap somewhere, making this a non-permanent use for Sky Essence?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Divine_Sophie

I really doubt that anybody will ever be able to reach the skill cap using an item that's already rare and sought after, and if somebody were to reach the cap then it'd still take them many months of essence farming, so I don't think this'd be a problem :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1