Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Suggestions #4

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SUPERxSNAP, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Divine_Sophie

Warning: Opinions below. You're under no obligation to feel the same way about a particular subject as me, so please do not get offended by anything that I propose or say...

New challenges
    Challenges provide both a path of progression and an incentive to continue playing, however once you reach around level 600 or so, you begin to run out of challenges to complete, thus resulting in a loss of direction. I propose introducing new challenges to the server, primarily towards the higher levels. For example, there is only one challenge in the Elite section (and the reward is a troll).

End Island
    Given how big of a slap in the face the reward is for the 'Arch Duke' challenge, I reckon that the challenge should be reset to all those that have completed it, and three End frames be given alongside the original reward. This means that anybody that has four people on their island that fully complete the list of challenges, will be able to access their own exclusive End island, allowing them to harvest a variety of End-related items through a nearby end city. They'll be able to fight endermen and shulkers, mine Endstone and Purpur blocks, and have a rare chance of receiving their own Elytra, assuming they're skilled enough to plunder the ferocious End fortress.

Increase price of lotto tickets

Usually, when somebody claims to have won the lottery, it is implied that they have won a massive fortune, which is unfortunately not the case for Megacraft's lottery system in Skyblock, and the reason for this is simply because of how inexpensive each ticket is. The way the system works, is that players purchase tickets for $200 each (Maximum of two), and after a set period of time, a random ticket is selected, and the owner of said ticket is given all the money that was spent on tickets across the server.

$3,000 isn't a very climactic prize considering that fifteen tickets were purchased, hence why people such as myself simply don't bother buying any. Because of this, I propose increasing the ticket price to $1,500 each, and allowing players to purchase up to three tickets. This means that each player is able to invest up to $4,500 with each lottery that takes place, which will surely give the lucky winner a prize to be excited about c:

Even more Sky Essence uses

Ever since the issue regarding the Wither, beacons have fallen in price drastically and as expected, so has Sky Essence, due to the very few uses that it actually has now. I propose introducing a few recipe additions involving Sky Essence because of this:

-Coloured island levels

Currently, we are able to purchase an assortment of island level colours through the in-game shop for $1,000,000 each. I reckon it'd be interesting however to reserve a few of these colours so that they can be purchased using Sky Essence.

-'Trimmed' armour
    I propose adding a recipe involving Sky Essence that allows you to craft custom Leather armour. This armour will have Unbreaking X, and will repeatedly flash between two different colours, such as Black and White, allowing players to show off their wealth through items that they equip. The amount of Sky Essence required to craft each individual piece to this armour set should be around 72 or so.

-Assortment of heads
    In the Creative server, custom heads are regularly used to add detail and variety to a build outside of regular Minecraft block limitations. Many users may wish to be able to do this in Skyblock, thus I propose a pack opening system be introduced, that'll give you a random assortment of 3 heads per opening. To create a head pack, you need eight Sky Essence, as well as the head of any mob (Can be obtained through the Fishing skill).

-Keys
    In my opinion, the Uncommon key is very underpowered in its current state, given the large number of Sky Essence required to craft one. I propose adding one or two new items to the Uncommon crate that are desirable enough to warrant people using 24 Sky Essence to get one.
    Current contents of Uncommon Crate:
    upload_2016-8-10_14-59-32.png

The only items here that'll evoke any excitement are the keys and rank vouchers, which you simply aren't likely to get due to the high percentage changes of receiving say, Iron blocks or $10,000 IGM.

-Additional spawners

Currently, the only spawners that you are able to create using Sky Essence are both Pig and Chicken spawners; the two most useless ones. I propose also introducing recipies for Cow, Zombie, Skeleton and Spider spawners.

Combat logging
    Combat logging, whether it's actually a server rule or not, is not mentioned in either the official rules thread on the forums, nor in the /rules command in game, and because of this players seem to be clashing in opinions on whether or not this actually is against the rules. I propose not only adding it to both the rules thread and /rules command in-game, but also placing a sign in the PvP arena's safezone itself as to serve as an additional reminder to players that they should not log out of combat.

Additionally, I propose disallowing players from using the /is command in the PvP arena, and adding a cooldown on the /home command so that it cannot be used during combat. The best solution to combat logging is not to disallow it, but rather to prevent it entirely.

Reduce influence of logs on island level
    A recently made thread brought to my attention the state of Skyblock's leveling system and primarily, a significant flaw in it. Given the sizes of trees when placed in a 2x2 pattern in close proximity to one another, players have been able to superficially inflate their island levels to unrealistic numbers, simply by making oversized tree farms. In fact, one island that I visited a few days ago had an island that would surely not have been over level 300 at most, and yet it was nearly level 2,000 due to a tree farm that they had built at the far border of their island, to which they had actually stacked trees on top of one another with the intent of inflating their island's level.

Because of this, I propose reducing the influence that all tree logs have on island level. This includes only logs: the influence of planks should not be affected in any way.

Do you like/dislike these suggestions? If so, why? c:

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. _Brokencrystal_

About that Lotto thing, I think the problem is that so many more peoples in real life buy tickets than there are on Mega relative to the amount of money peoples have. Highest amount of peoples I've seen on Skyblock at once is about ~65, yet some here have a million money (whatever our currency is called. Actually, could we have that specified please?).

The bit about clearing up rules on combat logging I absolutely agree with. The entirety of /rules needs looking at, the other day there was a similar argument about swearing (whether or not you have to block out the whole word, block out half the word or not say anything bad at all).

3. Leopard_Pal

It is harder to edit plug ins you are using, if you don't own them, and still, the wood levels aren't that high. ;)

4. Divine_Sophie

I usually just call them points, since it's easier :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

@SUPERxSNAP @Leopard_Pal

Hey,

The plugin they're using for Skyblock has a config, which basically allows them to change the block values (Island points per block), block limits etc. Very easily. As far as I know the current log block limit on island is 1000 levels like many other level up sources. I do not know if this includes leaves too or not, since both leaves and logs give the same amount of island points. (By default, don't know if they changed the values for these)

Now to the other part of your suggestions that I got interested about.

"Even more Sky Essence uses"

I have to disagree with your statement that Sky Essence's price has gone down. Honestly if something, it has gone up. Previously people were buying it with 1k, max. Within the past few days I've seen multiple people pay over 5000$ for 1 piece, some even more. I agree with you that the beacon situation is still a huge problem and needs staff to work on balancing it.

"Coloured island levels"
    Next about the level color, my honest opinion is no, people should not be able to buy it with sky essence. The reason it was originally added to the server as far as I know was to create a money sink. Adding this feature would remove one of the only remaining money sinks they have on the server at the moment.

"Trimmed' armour"
    The armor suggestion though, I like it. Something like this would definitely be interesting to see on the server.

"Assortment of heads"
    Could you explain this a bit more? I don't understand what these "head packs" are and what heads would be included in the packs? Is this one of those "Collect them all" things? I remember on MegaCraft 1.0 almost everyone were collecting player heads at some point, the higher the player was ranked the higher cost the head had. Would like to hear what you meant by this, if its only meant for decoration, I think it should not be added, I'm gonna quote @_Brokencrystal_ here.

"Skyblock won't be like Creative, Creative is where peoples talk and do roleplays and make amazing builds/redstone contraptions to show to others. Skyblock is still going to be the gamemode where you extend your island, complete challenges, trade resources, open crates etc."

SkyBlock isn't a competition of how pretty your island is, its about the challenges, surviving, making money.. etc. If you want to make pretty buildings, /server creative is place for you.

"Keys"
    I agree that there should be maybe few items added to the uncommon crate since it indeed takes a lot of sky essence to make 1 key. (24 sky essence + Tripwire hook) But you also said:

"The only items here that'll evoke any excitement are the keys and rank vouchers, which you simply aren't likely to get due to the high percentage changes of receiving say, Iron blocks or $10,000 IGM."

I do not think the point of the crate is to get great price every time you open the chest. I've opened maybe around 10-15 uncommon crates so far and got 4 VIP vouchers and 1 MVP voucher out of them. I think if something, the rate for getting VIP is too high.

@BlueFusion12 @ItzAntony
    VIP costs $10 and the chance to get it is "4%" at the same time however, chance to get legendary key is "3%" and the key costs only 5$. You're most likely to earn prize worth of 10$ than prize worth of 5$. I don't understand the idea of that, isn't it usually supposed to be.. "the more lucky you get, the better price you get". Why are the crate keys considered more valuable in the server but less valuable in the server store?

"Additional spawners"
    I like the idea of creating new recipes. However, they should keep some of the spawners in the shop only. This way people have things to spend their money to.

Welp, I'm done ^.^!
    Hopefully you enjoyed reading it,
    Thanks, Jeqqe~

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Reduce influence of logs on island level
    A recently made thread brought to my attention the state of Skyblock's leveling system and primarily, a significant flaw in it. Given the sizes of trees when placed in a 2x2 pattern in close proximity to one another, players have been able to superficially inflate their island levels to unrealistic numbers, simply by making oversized tree farms. In fact, one island that I visited a few days ago had an island that would surely not have been over level 300 at most, and yet it was nearly level 2,000 due to a tree farm that they had built at the far border of their island, to which they had actually stacked trees on top of one another with the intent of inflating their island's level.

Because of this, I propose reducing the influence that all tree logs have on island level. This includes only logs: the influence of planks should not be affected in any way.
    ^^^^
    Much agree

7. Divine_Sophie

The idea that I had in mind was similar to Supply drops, or CS:Go crates in which you could craft a consumable item that in turn, would reward the user with three randomly selected custom heads that can be used for detailing your island, or simply used to collect and show off to those that visit your island. There will be a large amount of heads to collect, as to incentivise builders to consume large quantities of Sky Essence on them.

Although the objective of Skyblock is to ultimately expand your island and capitalise off of various farms, this becomes very stale at the higher levels, and a common objective becomes to compete with others for praise over who has the most presentable island: an objective that I am currently (slowly) pursuing. This suggestion was not aimed at the average player, but rather those with excess essence with nothing to spend it on :)

• Like Like x 1