Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Suggestions c:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by God_Aphrodite, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divine_Sophie

Hello, my name is God_Aphrodite, and I like writing essays :)

Maintain the integrity of challenges

Challenges, in the previous installment of Skyblock, could for the most part be purchased; there was no achievement behind them. For instance, the 'Shepherd' challenge, that sees players having to acquire sixteen of every type of wool, was devalued by the presence of dyes in the shop.

Similarly, many food items and mob drops devalued their respective challenges, such as the challenge requiring the player to acquire every food item, or the challenge that requires the player to fork over large quantities of monster drops.

Overall, my suggestion is to exclude all items that are required for the completion of challenges, from the shop. It devalues the accomplishment of completing them all, and makes the game too easy. It becomes a glorified version of Creative Mode if you allow players to purchase so many items.

Keep diamonds valuable
    Diamonds, in my opinion, should not be in the shop either. They should be accessible only via the Titan and Mega kits (In small quantities, say three and four respectively), challenges, and drop parties. This therefore incentivises players to partake in PvP, making it a high-risk, high-reward activity.

Ideas to counteract lag
    I think that the number of players available on one's island should be increased to eight. This way, players can be with even more friends at once! The island boundaries were incredibly generous last time around, so if you put more players on one island, there are going to be less islands in the world all together. This will hopefully reduce lag a little bit.

Also, I think the number of spawners that you can place down at one time should be capped, both for the sake of the economy, and to reduce lag. Previously, I alone had seventy-two pig spawners in a confined space, warranting me over $2m before I got bored with my ridiculous affluence and quit. I know other players had far more than me. Thus, whether players like it or not, staff really should limit the number of spawners that one can place at any given time, to maintain the integrity of the server.

Lastly, cap the number of chickens that a player can have on their island to a severe extent (Say, 12 or so). Far too often, do players create chicken farms amassing over a hundred chickens, simply because of how easy they are to get.

Money sinks
    Here are a few money sink ideas:

Lottery
    Increase the amount required to play the lottery, so that you can purchase only one ticket, and said ticket will set the player back $10,000 or so (Price may need to be altered depending on the state of the economy). What this increased price does, is it encourages players to partake. Who's going to buy a lottery ticket, when the pot only warrants them $6,200?

Likewise, the tax should also be increased, to 25%. This means that if say, $100,000 is in the pot, then the winner will receive $75,000; the remaining money will be removed from the game.

"Rare" items
    Once the economy begins to recede, introduce a few items to the store, that are incredibly expensive and possess greater attributes than one is able to legitimately craft. For instance, add a diamond axe with Efficiency VI, Unbreaking IV and Fortune III, the former two enchantments being a level higher than what can usually be made. Such an axe could cost, say, $2m.

Likewise, you could have cosmetic items of similar value. For instance, it could cost $10,000 for your own head, or $500,000 for a dragon head. Just little things that gradually remove money from the game.

The death tax
    In the previous installment of Skyblock, death was meaningless; you lost nothing. I propose keeping the system wherein your items are kept upon death, however charge players a small fraction of their total balance (Say, 10%) for every time they die. This will hurt the richer players more than it will the poor. For instance:

Dying with a balance of $100 will result in a subtraction of $10
    Dying with a balance of $100,000 will result in a subtraction of $10,000

This rule will apply regardless of the cause of death. In PvP, players will receive 50% of the subtracted balance of the user they just killed.

Again, this is something that players may dislike, but it'll ultimately benefit the server and help sustain its longevity.

Rank kits...
    Disable the /kit command for the first two weeks. We shouldn't see players acquiring full sets of enchanted armour on day one, and certainly not as much as $80,000 just for logging in, when on day one $5,000 could be considered "rich". Once again, probably unpopular. However, keep in mind that I'm Elite rank myself, and I know that the /kit command on day one will be very harmful, putting every non-ranked player at a gigantic disadvantage. Surely we want even ranked players to have to at least play the game for two weeks, before having it be played for them via donator benefits, right?

Charge regular players to pick up spawners
    This restriction always seemed counter-intuitive and unnecessary to me. If a player has acquired enough money to purchase a spawner, don't force them to destroy it just to remove it later on. Instead, remove $7,500 from the balance of any non-ranked players if they break it, and if they don't have the money, then simply don't allow them to break it. Because of this restriction, there were many players who would add ranked users to their islands to help them out. As you can imagine, many islands were griefed, and many spawners were stolen ;-;

Add the ocean biome
    I think the ocean biome should be accessible, perhaps after unlocking it by either training your Fishing skill, by purchasing it for a large fee ($250,000 or so?), or by reaching a certain island level milestone (750+?)

The ocean biome is neat, because firstly, no mobs spawn. No cows, no endermen, no skeletons, no God_Aphrodite's, nothing. It's great for when you just wanna chill =^-^=

Secondly, the Fishing skill has a perk, I believe 'Master Angler', which increases catch rates when in the ocean biome.

Sky essence uses
    Allow players to surround eight sky essence with a head (Can purchase your own via /shop for $10,000), to receive a random head from the head database (Found on Creative server via /hdb). This means that Sky essence will always be useful in some way, especially for builders. I for one would love to make a collection of player heads :)

Moreover, allow players to surround six sky essence with an emerald to receive a Villager spawn egg. These things are always so irritating to get, so here's a reasonably difficult alternative. If players simply dislike the stress required to get villagers, they can choose an easier yet longer alternative c:

That is all c: Thnx for reading =^-^=

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.