Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Application info

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Drakonn, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakonn

Firstly I am NOT planning on applying for staff anytime soon just want to know some info on the process.

• Is there a post number you must reach to be able to apply?
    • How often are applications looked at?
    • Who goes through the applications?
    • Anything else I should know about applying?

2. disjoin

You need to have at least 80 hours in game playtime for starters to even be considered.
    The forum is not where applications are based, henceforth there is no post requirement to apply.

Admins go through applications after a player has been recommended by several staff members.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hbl

hbl

Ņ̶̧̨̲͕͖̬̦̺̩̮̱̤̗́͐̒̓͛͘͝͠ ̸̢͍̣̩̤͓̖̫̯̖̞̮̓̀̆̀̿̂͐̐͆̀̚͜ope! There is no certain post number needed in order for your application to be considered.

Å̷͇͖̠͎̓͜s I don't go through applications nor have I been on the staff team myself, I fail to know this information, however I do in fact can make an average.
    Since there might be trafficking with applications since only so many people want to be a staff member, it's an estimated 3 days between the time when your application is posted and when it's removed. If you get denied, since (some) staff are lazy and don't mark them as denied, post on them, nor tell you the reason(s) why you were denied.

W̴̢̡͙̳̫͖͇͈͈̞̝̯̭͆ͅell, the staff manager (this one is kind of obvious) and the Owner review the applications. The staff member essentially "takes care" of staff. He (I think) often reviews the staff applications submitted or Blue does, but since he is so busy I doubt he does it much anymore. (That's kind of why a staff member rank was added.)

I̸͔̱̣̻̰̎́̓͝ think that there needs to be an application necessity(-y+ies) post that is made by ItzAntony (or mua) so the requirements for staff can be more clear as the most recent one is outdated. However, I think one of the most important necessities is to not tell the fact that you posted your application out loud to everyone. This will get you denied.

@ItzAntony , may I have confirmation on this?

Ha, but there aren't any Admins. Be more specific.
    So the officials only go through the applications which have been posted by a user which has been recommended by one (if not many) staff members? What a dumb rule! I can tell you that there are MANY, MANY, and MANY people who are certainly qualified to be a staff member however since they don't have a staff member "friend" who thinks they should be staff, they don't get it? What a stupid rule.

4. Drakonn

I really hope your misinformed on that... Only looking at people who are friends with staff is a **** rule

5. _Brokencrystal_

My favourite server, which I was staff on before I had to quit as I'm in Japan, has a rule that you may only apply for staff when you get a recommendation (you can't ask for them) and the app has to state who gave the rec. Oh, also, helpers can't rec, only mods and higher can. All the staff there are wonderful people and there are easily twice as many staff there as here, even though I'd say mega's player count is higher (as in STAFF staff, not counting gym subs, although a lot of gym subs are also helpers and gym leaders mods).
    The problem with the rec rule here is some of the staff aren't that good, there aren't enough of them, the requirement is "several" recs rather than one and it's, as far as I know, not a thing the player is told about. I was given two recs on the other server, one by voice on TS and one by msg in Minecraft.

And another thing. I heard apps can take three months to get accepted.

6. Drakonn

Still a **** rule what if I'm actually dedicated and don't spend all my time sucking up to the staff team. That was part of the reason I had such a problem with the server I used to staff. There was no actually rule on it but basicly everyone who was friends with staff got a free pass and most of them where terrible staff.

7. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

I dont believe so
    A few times a month
    Bluefusion12 and Itzantony
    Do not mention your staff app a lot it will decrease your chance of getting staff, and show that your impatient
    Oh btw if your gonna wanna be staff you cant swear on the forums at all not even censoring it

• Like Like x 1
  8. hbl

hbl

You literally copied everything that I said. 2 people already answered his questions, so don't repeat it just because you want to be helpful.

Also, he said he wasn't going to apply for staff. Once again, you need to read my messages more clearly and thoroughly.

9. _Brokencrystal_

Please don't exaggerate stuff just to make people you don't like look silly. I'm not going into details about it because I don't want arguments, but please don't do it.
    I just said in my last post. One of the problems with the rec rule on this server is the staff are not very good and there aren't enough, go read it. That other server has unbiased, sensitive, watchful (and many) staff who were taught properly how and when to rec because it is an actual rule. If players showed signs of just sucking up to a mod rather than being helpful and friendly there, they would be far less likely to be recommended.
    I'm not defending the rec rule on this server. I'm defending its existence on some servers where it was done properly, where it was a real rule and people, especially the staff, were communicating.

10. Drakonn

The h I have photos of a build making a racisist remark saying Muslim and something I forgot can't be Americans and typing **** isn't allowed okay. Because nothing happend to him at all

11. _Brokencrystal_

Did you report this in the Player Reports section?

12. Drakonn

Yep they said "user punished" but I was on and he got no punishment

13. _Brokencrystal_

You mean you saw them online after you were told they were punished?

14. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Ah funny thing is Ignored you that's why I didn't see what you said still
    Idgaf what you said, I probably said it more understandable :D

15. dragenor

Retired Staff

Ok so @_Brokencrystal_ @Drakonn this isn't the place to talk about reports ok.
    No post amount is required no
    Admins will look at applications when they have time and need staff (not always if other staff suggest this player)
    Either @ItzAntony or @BlueFusion12 go through applications
    Any other things are it is a very time consuming thing and you should be prepared to give up other things for the server.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.