Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~Suggestions~

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Atychiphobic, Mar 16, 2018.

?

Do you agree with these proposed changes/additions?

1. Yes, I think these are all good ideas

2. No, this was a waste of my time and Atychiphobic is an idiot

3. Some, but not all of these ideas were good

4. It was too long and I didnt read it all but i still wanna press a vote button :D

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0RKS

Retired Staff

Hi! So recently I took a few months playing on other servers (which I wont name cuz im already muted lmao), and I saw some things I thought were pretty clever and we should have here on this server. I've copy and pasted some of my previous suggestions that no one ever responded to into this thread as well, because I feel like they're still relevant.

1.) Group/Build Team Worlds: I know u owners are looking for money making opportunities, and I also know there's a lot of build teams out there trying to start up who have zero knowledge about plugins or server maintenance. By offering fully modded private worlds that build teams could use, you would not only make some extra money, but you would attract some more good builders to the server. Good builders are critical in the longevity and stability of a good creative server, because they inspire, challenge, and teach newer builders.

2.) Dedicated Staff: To clarify, when I say dedicated, I don't mean dedicated to AJ as a whole, but dedicated to individual servers. The primary purpose of this would be to ensure that there's always a staff with OP online during popular hours to solve issues that helpers and mods can't.

3.) Altered Rank Progression: Tbh, I actually think the standards for the ranks on this server are pretty good for a standard set, but there are some additions and minor changes that I think should be implemented. First, redstone ranks. This is pretty self explanatory, a new set of ranks for more mechanically minded players who still want to participate in a ranking system would encourage different demographics of players to join and stay on AJ. Second - and this is mostly targeted at higher building ranks, arch and artisan and master - I think ranks should have more advantages than just 1 extra plot per rank. Extra worldedit perms will help to deal with increased standards, especially for artisans working on master plots. 2x2 plots are pretty hecking huge, and expecting people to fill them with only high quality material is a pretty lofty expectation. I know that Riddeh and Insinuating already got it, so I won't say it's impossible, but you should try to accommodate different building processes as much as you can. Msg me on discord if you want me to take the time to explain this one any more, because it's gotten too long and I still have a lot more to say about it...

4.) Stability: This server's getting pretty popular, a lot of that popularity due to all the additions being made, but someone has to point out a few obvious risks in this approach to server management. As a server's options increase, lots of people who initially played one mode move to other modes. This can cause a lot of problems in consistency, which over time can have a negative impact on overall player commitment. In general, now that AJ is pretty large, it's better to have one donating player than three players who play for a few weeks or months then leave. Essentially, spreading the network thin will generate the appearance of popularity, but when you run out of time, staff, and resources required for more expansion, the server will start to decline. It's sort of the same concept as a ponzi scheme. You get a lot of one to ten time players who vote a few times, increasing popularity, then get bored and leave. Their votes will encourage new players to do the same thing. After a while, you'll have hit most of the people looking for what AJ offers, and the new joins will start to slow down. When this happens, you're just going to be left with the dedicated players. Because of this, I suggest a more current-player-in-mind limit to additions and prioritization of change rather than expansion.

5.) Rules Change/Update: I don't know anything about the non-creative tryhard servers, but the creative server average age/mental age is definitely getting lower. Because of this, I think the rules should be updated and more strictly enforced. As much as I hate it (and I know this would mean I get muted so much more often), a child friendly server should be more child friendly...

Sorry I wrote so much lol I'm really bored xD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.