Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Current Mute System...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zaynin_, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Golurk_

(Not sure if this is in the right section, sorry)

So earlier today I was muted for saying an inappropriate thing in chat. I'm not going to state what it was, but yeah, I don't care that I got muted, I can handle my consequences, however I feel that the current mute system is unfair. So the current system basically is like this:

The first time you get muted, you get muted for a short amount of time (Around 15minutes I believe)
    The second time is 1 hour
    And it just goes up from there.

However, if you get muted... Let's say today you got muted. For 15 minutes because its your first mute.
    You wait it out, and you're unmuted. Congratulations.

Okay, now its two months later. You say in inappropriate thing in chat, but you got muted for 1 hour.

Do you see the problem here?

The second mute, was a very long time later, and they got a punishment for longer than the first time.

This just doesn't make sense to me, like seriously. You can be good in chat for a very long time, and the one time you get muted, way after the first mute, you get muted for a lot longer than you should.

I feel like there should be some sort of time barrier between the longer mutes.

For example, if you get muted once, on Tuesday, and you get muted once on Sunday, that should be the two mutes. (First 15m, second 1hr.)

But if you get muted on April 10th, and then get muted on July 7th, then you shouldn't get a longer punishment for the first mute because it was a very long time ago!

Thanks for reading,

Thanks,
    -Zani_

2. Golurk_

By the way, im not saying that I was muted two months later. I'm just giving an example of the possibilities.

3. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

mhm, i can relate to this, there were 3 mutes that were canceled out (Which includes my current mute rn) because they were bs and staff apologized, then some of them go out their way to piss me off so they can have a reason to mute me, i ignore and move on, then when a racist comes on and i get muted forever.