Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The MegaSB rant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeqqee, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hello,

What is up, JeqqeAlert nation, I'm your host Jeqqe Skelestar, (Don't come near my house or I shoot you with my paintball gun)

Okay so anyways, to the topic of this thread. If you've played SkyBlock on MegaCraft, you most likely know that there is a command that allows you to change your item names (/itemname). First of all, wouldn't it make more sense if the command was "/nameitem", since you're naming the item, not checking the name it currently has on it, right? Then, I mean the idea is cool, you can name your soup to "Chicken soup" and your sword to "Amazing sword", there's no way people would abuse this right?

Well it sucks to face the truth, but I guess someone had to tell this to you guys, Minecraft is full of immature little kids and trolls who will abuse this. @BlueFusion12 if you made this plugin I would recommend adding few limitations to this. Also if you didn't, wouldn't take long to remake the plugin to fit your server, its fairly simple. The limitations that I think should be added are following:

Rename items that has lore in them or is a spawner.

Basically before allowing the player to use the command to rename items, check the item that the player is holding and if it has lore on it. This just to avoid scams like this:

3.png 4.png
    You can basically rename a Sky Essence to look exactly like the other Essence that is actually worth 5 Sky Essence and 4 diamonds. Another thing you can do is /vote, get the key from it and rename it to "Legendary Key", looks exactly like the real key. (I personally got scammed 600 000$ in game money cause of this) Probably the easiest way to scam people and the fastest way to make the new players who buy these ragequit.

Also another thing I do not understand is, why the funk are we allowed to rename spawners? This just doesn't make any sense at all.. It feels like you want us to be scammed. Is this all just part of your evil plan to make people mad or something? Please remove this feature, all it causes is problems.

10.png 11.png
    Oh! Creeper spawner how nice! -----> OH WTF IT WAS SKELETON SPAWNER!?

12.png
    Selling Skeleton spawner that was actually just renamed to Slime spawner with pretty decent profit.
    But don't worry I have him the money back! (Unlike many other)

13.png

You could also include filter system in this plugin, basically just test if the new name player is giving for the item has any inappropriate words in it, since you're trying to make kid friendly server right? You don't want stuff like this come up on the chat right?

7.png
    Would be a shame if new players and little kids saw this kind of stuff on this kid friendly community. And yes, I know it is against the rules. But when people see someone doing this, they can't be arsed to come all the way here to report them. And also there is almost never a single staff member online on skyblock server, so who cares if someone breaks the rules. Leading to my next topic.. Which is that the staff member are so inactive on SkyBlock.

Skyblock Staff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I picked the people I've seen the most on the skyblock server and these were the results. Over half of them have been inactive on SkyBlock for longer than 1 day (24h). And honestly from 2 of the "more active" ones Robo just comes on the server for a moment and then leaves. There honestly needs to be more staff to moderate the server in my opinion... Half of the Network's players are sometimes on the server and still there are multiple staff members on creative and none in skyblock.

[​IMG]

I'm beginning to feel like I'm starting to talk worse and worse english every minute now, getting way too tired. I'll most likely be continueing this tomorrow or sometime soon, have tons to say about the current situation of MegaCraft.

Thanks bye! ~Jeqqe
    (Why am I still getting hate)

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      22.4 KB
      Views:
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

I am going to keep this short and snappy.
    You hold some fair points about the item names, I do agree that certain items should not allowed to be renamed. It is not required for a staff member to be on 24/7. We have lives outside of minecraft and some of us have other responsibilities to look over too. For myself I have been having a lot of internet issues lately meaning I haven't been able to stay on mega for more than 15 minutes without it cutting out. We have a forums section where you can report a player. Please use this if someone has named their item to 'Pussy Destroyer' and the user will receive their punishment when a staff member reviews the report.

3. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Yea was just saying it would be nice to actually have staff on SB so players doesn't have to do their jobs and watch out for people who break rules. And again the staff are usually just on creative (most of their time).

4. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I get what you mean about staff only being on creative, but we are still players so we do play on the server as well. I personally find creative more enjoyable, as I've never been a fan of skyblock. Usually when I come on skyblock it's because someone has reported a player to me. I will try and make time to come on skyblock more, though I can't promise it would match my creative playtime.

5. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

The reason I have not been online on Skyblock a lot is because I am working on a new project. I am also dealing with things in real life also, my whole time can't be spent on a game. I don't only just have to deal with Megacraft but I have to deal with a lot of other things also. As for staff, we are looking to accept more staff that actually play on the Skyblock server but it isn't as easy as just going and accepting a person because they play a lot, we have to make sure that they are mature enough and won't just go on a banning/muting spree when they get their rank.

6. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Well you've done great job at that one...

lhhut1g.png

386V0or.png

or2qhoi.png

(pictures from another person)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. ItzAntony

Retired Administrator

This literally shows nothing.. He got warned and if he did it again then he would get muted. He didn't actually post a link to the website he just said the name of it.

8. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

He was trying to report the other dude who said it, Jack then came on and decided to warn him instead of the person who actually said it at the first place. When he tried to explain it to Jack, he just said "idc".

9. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Nice people they're choosing these days

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chancer21

vote Chancer for president 2016! Make america chancerified again!

Oh, this isnt a government website comment section....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

All of these comments have nothing to do with the thread topic what so ever. Both users were warned for being inappropriate in chat and if they continued they would have been muted (as Antony and BlueFusion have said in this thread and others).

12. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

it was for a reply that antony made that related to the topic, Therefore, it's on topic :)

Also sidenote, i don't play skyblock anymore for a reason lol, i don't even play mega anymore.

13. hbl

hbl

I was on at a moment where Jack muted someone and after it went down he said, "Well he's muted so gg".

IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SHOULD A STAFF MEMBER EVER PUBLICLY ACKNOWLEDGE THEMSELVES FOR GIVING A PUNISHMENT FOR A USER.

In a way this is sort of like bullying the player since you're practically dancing around them saying, "Muted!" "Kicked!" "Banned!"

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

The comments are related to the topic of the thread. Also he was trying to report the player to you and answer another person's question. If thats how you treat players, how do you expect them to report anything anymore, they'll just get warned/punished. And when they try to explain what really happened, you just turn your back at them and say that you do not care.

I've seen him do it multiple times aswell.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Zengakukatsu

Jeqqe has a point. All of the things he has said are reasonable in my opinion. It is a suggestion.
    -Item Name Filter -Good Idea
    -Not being able to /itemname items with lore -Good Idea
    -/nameitem -Good Idea
    -No Mob spawner naming -Good Idea
    -More staff needed on skyblock -Fact (I would think you need more on creative too tbh)
    -The whole chat incident thing. Have you at least apologized?

Also you guys realize Jeqqe doesn't need to be explained how it is as a staff member right? And as far as Skyblock goes, it is always full of ex-staff who mainly quit or went inactive long ago. You want the easy way out just ask some of them, and they might say yes.

16. Samiiii

Retired Staff

I only read like 10 lines and looked at a few pictures cuz im like a baby but all i can say is ur a f**cking legend

• Like Like x 1
  17. POLLYZOID

Everything's agreeable here. The points are well-elaborated.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  18. Aerakyl

I agree with every point Jeqqe has mentioned, and I definitely think there should be limits and filters added to the /itemname command.

19. PigCloud

#MakeMegaGreatAgain

20. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

This doesn't address everything, but as of tonight mob spawners and items with lore can no longer be renamed with /itemname. Soon I'll get around to adding a basic filter, but the fact is that people can easily bypass it. Thus, making items with inappropriate names is now considered a banable offense and should be reported immediately.

• Winner Winner x 1