Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The MegaSB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JessicaFin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Hey everyone.

Recently the new SkyBlock server was released on MegaCraft and I personally really liked it. However, recently we've got bunch of bullshit to our face from the Staff. The server is on its early stages and has/had bunch of bugs in it, that is understandable. However, thing that I do not understand is why are we (Regular players) getting punished for your mistakes. (This is my view, not talking about what happened to others.)

Punishments for your mistakes goes to us:
    First I would like to start with this stupid thing that happened. Basically this isn't even a bug, just a mistake that staff team did, however the punishments goes to us for "abusing" this. This trick was so simple and so stupid but... There were multiple items you could buy from the shop and instantly sell them for higher price in other section of the shop.

The punishment came to us as in wasting our time on something we thought was good thing to do but then after staff realized they made the prices too high they lowered them and now we have to re-think the best ways to make the money. The thing is now, once we find another way to make legit money like with the cactus farm, will they lower the price of that too?

The shop prices:
    So the shop... You buy stuff and to buy stuff you need money, right? Well, cactus farm used to be good to make this money but apparently not anymore. The cactus prices were lowered to the point where it is pretty much useless. Our cactus farm now makes $1350 in 10 minutes, this is nothing, the amount it produced earlier was somewhat decent but now I feel like I've just wasted way too much time on it. Our cactus farm has 24 cactus a layer, it was 24 layers and makes 9 stacks of cactus every 10 minutes. So in total there is 576 cactus in the farm. I made few calculations and checked how long would it take to get enough money to buy different items. Here is a list of the results:

Chicken spawner: (Cheapest spawner)

Cost: 42 500$
    Time: 5.2 hours

Cow spawner: (Most expensive spawner)

Cost: 235 000$
    Time: 29 hours

Full set of normal Diamond armor:

Cost: 19 200$
    Time: 2.4 hours

Now, keep in mind that these calculations are made expecting you to be either AFK:ing next to the farm or just working near it. So in reality the numbers would be even higher.

I would be okay with this if the price lowering would be reasonable but to lower it that much is 100% bullshit. I spent around 100 hours to this cactus farm and was happy with the results at the start but now you're just taking the piss. Am I now supposed to destroy this work of 100 hours since its pretty much useless and create a new farm that will make me money and wait untill you lower the prices for that one too?

The leveling system:
    As most of us know the leveling system works like this: Expand your island = level up. Cool, very cool. However it isn't. I'm gonna give you guys one simple trick to get your level raise in stars with in minutes.

1. Create your island, if you choose easy one you get +2 levels already.
    2. get some spruce saplings.
    3. place them down and wait them to grow.
    4. Do this as much as you want and your level will raise.

Just so you know this works, I'm currently level 1871 and over half of my levels are from those trees. I did this on my alt account and got 10 levels from 5 trees. I find it extremely stupid and boring that the leveling scales this way. I think the leveling should work more with the challenges and different kind of achievements instead of only from expanding your island and placing down valuable blocks.
    2016-07-24_16.10.18.png

2016-07-24_16.11.28.png

The end:
    While this mess has been going on, I've realized how poorly the community is actually being heard. Or atleast it is very hard to get your voice to be heard especially if you're new player or disliked old player. This is how I've felt, ever since I've came back to the server as a regular player.

For last, I want to make sure no one misunderstands the meaning of this thread. My goal is not to make anyone feel bad or cause any bad in general. My goal is to simply express my opinions about the current situation we are having on MegaSB and maybe try to help improve it.

Thanks for reading!

Best regards,
    Jeqqe.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

No. Exploiting is strictly against the rules and results in a ban and the removal of any illegitimate items. If you find an exploit, you report it. If you abuse it, you get banned. It doesn't matter if it was a mistake on our part or not.

Those values for spawners seem about right. $1350 in 10 minutes also seems about right for the high end farms. How can you get angry about the economy not being perfectly balanced and then complain when I rebalance it?
    Also the math on the diamond armor is way off. $19,200 / $8100 per hour is a bit over 2 hours.

I'm not sure how the new system calculates levels. I'll see what I can do to prevent this from happening.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the time you took to write it up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

So you are telling us that we as regular players are being punished for the staffs mistakes. As BlueFusion has stated above using these glitches to gain illegitimate items is against the rules. Correct me if I am wrong here but wouldn't it just be logical to report these bugs at the start and not get yourself in a load of trouble for it?

Staff are here to enforce the rules and from what I have seen most of them do a great job at this. I have not personally seen any staff abuse their power or try to blame their mistakes on players like us. Personally its your fault for not report this bug when it was first discovered.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

1. (EDIT: I read again what i said on the first part and saw that I F*cked up, this was what I was meant to say.)I understand that and I'm not saying people shouldn't be banned for that. I was quite pissed about the cactuses and thats what I ment by that. Ever since I saw cactus be such a valuable recourse, I dedicated my time on working on big cactus farm. And now when I'm done with it, the prices go down. You set the price to be that high at the start and now when you lowered it, there is much better ways to earn money. I kind of found that unfair.

2. Mb on the diamond armor, was tired of typing all of this. I was never angry about the shop not being perfectly balanced, I said this is my own view of the situation, I know other people were being quite pissed about them but I personally found out about the shop prices the moment you started fixing them. I thought the shop was indeed mostly balanced. And the prices were there to stay.

Since you've lowered the price of cactus, that means we will have to make it bigger or create something new. But should we wait for a while before we start doing anything or are the shop balanced now? I don't want to spend another 100 hours to make something and then the price gets lowered again.

3. I'm not 100% sure either but so far it seems like that is the best way to earn levels.

Thank you for your reply Blue.

As I said before on this reply, that was not exactly what I meant. The punishment came to us as in wasting our time on something we thought was good thing to do but then after staff realized they made the prices too high they lowered them and now we have to re-think the best ways to make the money. The thing is now, once we find another way to make legit money like with the cactus farm, will they lower the price of that too?

Bugs are meant to be reported to Blue and the staff, that is exactly what I've done. You're correct.

Thank you for your reply Jack.

Best regards,
    Jeqqe

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  5. JackCosens

Owner Retired Administrator

I doubt they will be lowering the price to make cactus farms less worth it any time soon. They want to keep a stable economy and doing this will result in newer and less rich players not being able to compete with the more advanced players like me and you.

6. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Yea thats what I'm hoping, but I meant other prices than cactus to be lowered. There are still bunch of farmable items with pretty high sell prices.

7. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

During the next few days the shop prices will continue to be tweaked for balancing purposes. I doubt anything will change drastically, but I can't make any promises. After a few days I expect the prices to be solidified and will then only change if new exploits or significant balance issues are discovered.