Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Are Getting Somewhere

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erika_The_Gamer, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Erika_Senpai

Ok, there NEEDS to be a change. There are way too many staff applications pending. It disappoints me to see all of these neglected people expect that they might actually be noticed. But no, instead the admins are not online as much as DevilStuff (Devil I think you are the best staff member on the server) and when they are on they don't check plots or try to see if everyone is alright and they curse. They need to check the forums more often. If there are not enough admins, either get more admins or make a staff rank that can actually deny or accept applications. Something has to be done about this issue because it is not fair to people who have a genuine desire to help make MegaCraft a better place.

(Edit No.1) Most people only want the Trusted rank. What bothers me is that admins right now are either viewing this thread or replying to it. I have seen a few denied or accepted applications and all of them had an admin either explain why the applicant got denied or express how happy they were to add the applicant to the staff team. So if you are someone who has the status to accept or deny a Trusted application, minimize your minecraft window, get off this thread, and go check some applications.

(Edit No.2) I understand if you are trying to decide whether or not to accept some of the applicants, but you should at least leave a tiny reply to their applications so they know you have acknowledged their existence. Also, like I said before, you need to get others to check applications. I understand that you are at college and can't be around much, but this is a pretty big server which seems to be thriving. A lot of staff applications come with a thriving server.

Thank You

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Trusted promotions are mostly handled by @The_Kadrek. We actually just recently had a round of Trusted promotions, so we are definitely still actively monitoring applications. However, both Kadrek and I have recently begun college and have had much less time. Thus, we don't want to deny a bunch of people simply because we have yet to encounter them enough to get a good sense of their activity and behavior in-game.

So basically, we can deny everyone who is pending simply because we have yet to see them in-game or talk to them on teamspeak, or we can keep them pending until we can make a good judgment on their aptitude for the Trusted rank.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

And about what you said about staff aren't active, theres this thing called timezones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. zLynn

Yea, following what blue said, I waited about 6 months to get my rank xD Don't worry i doubt you'll wait that long, but blue and kad are at college rn, and are busy with their studies.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  5. JackieTheLai

Retired Administrator

college you mean? xD

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. zLynn

what do u mean?

7. JackieTheLai

Retired Administrator

they're in college is what i meant

8. Erika_Senpai

Wow I am surprised anyone would give a crap about this post

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Erika_Senpai

Yes, which is why I sometimes play minecraft from 10:00 to 2:00. I noticed less people are on at that time. Must be me.

10. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Hey Erika! So this sort of thing is within my realm of responsibility. To preface the main point of why I am replying, I do want to say this: Yes, I completely agree with you. We, or rather I, should be around the trusted applications more and monitoring them or whatever needs to be done. I agree with you. I will say this however. Like Blue mentioned before, He, and myself, have both gone to university within the past week or two, and have had very little time. That said, I am usually only on for about an hour or so each day, and when it comes down to it, being on the server and dealing with problems there is paramount, and thus I cannot allocate sufficient time to applications. Now, once I am settled in here, and I have more time, I can promise you it will go back to normal and I will go through the applications etc.
    The second point of me replying. I know the trusted application system may seem crazy or illogical to those who don't understand its inner works. To start, to put it frankly, the applications are a mere formality. I have never read an application from someone I have never heard or spoken to before and accepted them. There is no secret formula to getting trusted, and it definitely is not within the applications. I usually go through the apps when I know for sure that at least one person is getting promoted.
    I hope this clears some things up and helps you understand a little bit more about our situation. As assertive as it was, I still appreciate your concern. Have a good day!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. zLynn

no like i dont see a m istake

12. iProcraftinate

Retired Staff

Er.. there's this person who recently became trusted, but quite a few people only have saw her on TS once. This makes me very confused because many applications are denied due to the fact that they don't go on TS very often.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. JackieTheLai

Retired Administrator

time zones, mate. time zones

14. JackieTheLai

Retired Administrator

nice edit babe

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Chrxstxan

Retired Administrator

Just to clarify, please do not classify every admin into the same group. When I am on the first thing I do is check plots and and see how everything is doing. I check for lag plots and make rounds to people who ask for help. I do this multiple times a day. If there is a certain staff member that you are talking about that is one thing, but do not classify every staff into the same category. We all try our best, but sometimes reality takes priority. We all have lives outside of minecraft and therefore, when I, for example, am on I use my time wisely. As for the trusted applications, there also can not be 50 trusted and therefore the reason they are pending is because there is a chance for that individual to be promoted when time arises. Would you rather decline everyone or wait till there's an opening to accept? There's a whole system in place and that needs to be acknowledged.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I'm pretty sure there is at least one staff that should be on during each timezone. It should be a significant factor towards acceptance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. iProcraftinate

Retired Staff

Dxrk's post is absolutely right. Everytime I see him come online, he asks "alright I have little time, so who needs their plot checked?". PrincessSara, you shouldn't be comparing admins to eachother. Most admins are helpful, others are most helpful. MANY of them do their job. You need to rethink your opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. iProcraftinate

Retired Staff

Dxrk's post is absolutely right. Every time I see him come online, he asks "alright I have little time, so who needs their plot checked?". PrincessSara, you shouldn't be comparing admins to each other. Most admins are helpful, others are most helpful. MANY of them do their job. Plus, I'm sure the admins DO care about the applications knowing they do have to work with them. You need to rethink your opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. iProcraftinate

Retired Staff

Sorry about that repeat, it spammed me ^^^^