Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

What in the actual.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lifekiller43_, Jan 10, 2017.

1. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Okay so first off, you've got to be kidding me. Okay so apparently @Edrigedrig was abusing a glitch that was made in kitpvp and that staff WELL KNEW ABOUT! But didn't do anything about it. Before you say it, it has been here for a while, i think since september or october, or even november, around that time blue was still somewhat online. He goes on the console also freaking daily. The staff didn't bother asking him to do anything about this for some stupid reason. (Stupid statement cuz they did it because they didn't want to work :D, only way to put it, SORRY NOT SORRY!) So they decide to ban @Edrigedrig because of exploiting the glitch. Even though the severity of it was VERY low. I'm 100% sure that the same staff member (@dragenor) has seen this happen but didn't want to ban them for god knows why. Now, im not sure why he banned @Edrigedrig, even though there were others doing the exact same glitch, but anyways, i think depending on the glitch he exploited, he should be banned at most for 1 week. Exploiting a mild glitch isn't worth a whole month ban, or a perm ban. That's just completely retarded. Having that is apparently less severe then harassing or being racist, where it actually affects a player. Another unusual punishment....

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. therealjojo

in the actual what? also please write in like paragraphs so i can actually understand wha's going on here. also you don't need to tag someone more than once. from croatia with luvz <3
    -fake jojo

EDIT: added a sentence to make fun of lifekiller's writing style. and tagging.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ryerye1243

Ryerye1243 Guest

Drag always finds a way to punish people he doesnt like.

I dont like Dragenor.

Drag always is senestive over small things.

I dislike dragenor.

Drag cant take critisicm.

I strongly dislike dragenor.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

SUCC

5. therealjojo

6. ProbablySid_

Retired Staff

I was AFK while all this unfolded, though what I will say is this and I apologise if I seem biased, he's an IRL friend of mine and therefore maybe the information I've been given is skewed.

No one has really been able to provide significant evidence of anything happening, and as long as it stays this way, then it will be in a constant loop of people asking each other for evidence. Some people argue that staff don't need evidence when banning people and that could be true as staff are given a certain level of trust. Although it probably is a glitch, yeah it's not too big of a deal but a glitch is a glitch so.... I don't know whether any staff were able to talk to edrig in a PM or something because it seems no staff really responded to his status update.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NotMyFault

NotMyFault The Sanctuary
    Retired Administrator

Confidence is like respect, you need to earn it. You don't get it with a simply tag

• Like Like x 1
  8. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

Okay now I am sorry if no staff have dealt or discussed this with @Edrigedrig . Not knowing much about the situation in hand I can't make that good points but what I have heard from dragenor is that he told Edridgedrig to stop abusing the glitch but then continued so therefore the ban took place. Now life to help you about the ban time. In the GUI we have it set that no matter how bad the glitch you abuse, it will always be a month. There is no mild glitch abusing or major glitch abusing standards set and us staff have to follow this. :/ I will, if it has not been done already, talk with Edrige and see what I can do to look into this and solve something out but I can't make promises. :)

9. Senpai_Artic

Retired Staff

I do also wish to share screenshot of the conversation about this ban and that drage himself was unsure what to do and was told to do a severity 3 ban by other staff. I hope this can give others a better understanding about the ban.
    IMG_0296.PNG
    IMG_0297.PNG
    IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0299.PNG
    This is the only understanding I have about this all and I apologies if some staff didn't wish for me to share this information if so just contact me and I will remove it ASAP but I feel like they should have an understanding how it was decided and why.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Divine_Sophie

I'm not sure what glitch was exploited, and therefore this proposition could be entirely irrelevant to this discussion, but I would like to suggest a change in the wording of the rule that regards the exploitation of unintended features.

Exploiting any new or known glitches will get you banned! This includes any element of the game that was does not function as intended. Please report any of these glitches to the forum immediately!

Exploiting any new or known glitches either at the expense of another player, or to gain an unfair advantage, will result in a sanction. This includes any element of the game that does not function as intended, that proves in any way to be unfairly beneficial, or detrimental, to any user. Please report any of these glitches to the forum immediately!

This way, you're reducing the number of sanctions inflicted upon players for the exploitation of glitches significantly. Reason being, is because while the rule states that you should report any glitches that you find to the forum "immediately", if you are caught trying to capture video evidence of, or replicate a glitch with the intent of reporting it, and are seen in the process, you could be banned for it.

Also, if you were to find a glitch that does not offer any advantages, nor puts any other users at a disadvantage (Say an out of the map glitch for instance), sure you might report it, but curiosity would naturally get the better of almost anybody, and they'd definitely seize the opportunity to go exploring. If the glitch does not negatively effect anybody, then is it really reasonable to ban somebody for doing it?

Edit: I'm now somewhat aware of the situation at hand. Though I'm not sure how valued outsider opinions are, I personally do not believe that what was done was an exploitation of glitches. Reason being, is because it is intentional that players' kits are refreshed when you warp back to the spawn. This is the case for every kit; not just Demolitionist.

Furthermore, players surely were able to counteract this, for lack of a better word, strategy, by simply damaging the user before they teleport to the map's spawn. This would disallow them from using the /mapspawn command for thirty seconds.

If anything, this should fall under 'griefing' rather than an exploitation of glitches, given that the restoration of kits when warping to the spawn is intended. However, at least from what I can see, the 'No Intentional griefing' rule only applies to the Creative server.

No Intentional Griefing
    Griefing should not be a problem, given that players must explicitly add other players to plots. However, if someone added to a plot is discovered to be a malicious user who intentionally griefs the plot, they can be banned based on the discretion of the staff currently online. The best solution to grief is still to only add people you totally trust to a plot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Wow lol, even when ed said no probs as a troll and just left, still banned? Pretty stupid if you ask me, tf is with blue thinking that this should be more harsh? LOL. I don't know how this isn't retarded.

12. lifekiller43

Retired Staff

Make the rules harsher means also make criticism even more harsher towards staff. I think that's a good idea