Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why isn't Megacraft 1.8 yet? -_Zapyx_

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _Zapyx_, Sep 21, 2014.

1. _Zapyx_

I don't know much about servers but I was curious why the server isn't 1.8 even though you can play on the server in 1.8. Just curious if anyone could explain that'd be great! I think it's because of bukkit but I don't know.

2. dooff

Retired Staff

Because of the situation with Bukkit, very few servers will have 1.8 support. You can find for yourself why that is by trying to download Bukkit 1.8... Or any version of craftbukkit for that matter.

3. lzongolo

That's correct. But, you can take a look at Sponge, the successor of Bukkit, which will be worked on by devs from bukkit, spigot, cauldron, forge etc. Here's their website: http://spongepowered.org/

They're licensing it under MIT, so nobody will have the power to complain anymore.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dooff

Retired Staff

Lz, the issue wasn't Bukkit's license, it was Minecraft's. What they would really be doing to avoid another copyright claim is to rewrite the parts they used from Minecraft so they don't use any Minecraft code.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lzongolo

Yeah, thanks for explaining

6. PunchiBunch

+ theres no 1.8 version yet

7. lzongolo

That's the point, they are re-writing some parts so it won't interfere with any license...