Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You must not hate this idea!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackson535, Nov 5, 2014.

1. jackson535

Hello. its jackson535. i will say something, and you will not feel biased immediately. feeling biased immediately will ruin your understanding of my warning. I propose the ban of worldedit for unranked players. Here me out on this one. You may think that the cause of lag is lag machines. however, lag machines that are not jackson535 lag machines are terribly innefficient, and a whole plot made of a non-jackson535 lag machine would barely decrease the tps, certainly not under 19 tps. I have tested this on my 512mb ram server with a 128x128 lag machine from youtube. the tps was over 19. so for all of you who think lag machines are the problem, you're either ignoring my message, unable to read, or dont believe me. dont believe me? have another key point. worldedit can be used to create laggy things such as vastly increasing the size of a lag machine, summoning large amounts of falling blocks such as sand or water, or even the dreaded cactus crasher device. dont believe me again for some odd reason? i cant help but laugh at the next one if you wont believe it. if you were to type in //hsphere 1 500, you would crash the server easily because even though you have Async worldedit, do you really think that placing blocks slowly is going to somehow stop the sphere being "sketched" by the computer first? its not. think of how many times it has to run the same math equation for each possible block location in the sphere. your game and the server will crash. if you dont believe that, you shouldnt have a problem doing it then. If you ignore this, then i cant help you. I know that people joined your server for worldedit. and thats not what the game is about. its not about tnt either. if the game was about tnt, then the game would die. worldedit is just like tnt. it is a powerful griefing tool that can only be fixed by /ms save, and many people dont save their plot. so basically your a server that allows tnt in creative. thats the level of risk your server is at. even if you lose some players, players will still join for a great creative time where redstone is enabled and plots are huge and staff dont abuse. its what i have been looking for the whole time, personally. and worldedit doesnt have to be fully banished. ranked players can have worldedit because they wouldnt work hard on a rank and then do something to get them banned. also, worldedit is not a right in minecraft. it is a building tool that should only be used by responsible people. so please be a responsible person as well, and seriously consider what i have typed for you. i wouldnt have typed this all if i didnt care if your server dies, afterall.

2. BiduBR

Retired Staff

Why i disagree with this idea
    • Megacraft is noticed by lots of things for me this are the main 3 things, it's awesome community, amazing plugins and the free world edit for all players that join
    • The world edit as you think doesnt cause as much lag
    • If there was no world edit lots of players wouldnt play on the server and less players would join megacraft
    • The server has being up for a long time with worldedit and we dont have a lot of lag issues, we just have them sometimes and it normally isnt worldedit
    • one of the reasons why many of worldedits commands are banned is to not cause lag and we also have a queue and a timer that makes the worldedit lag almost seenless

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. jackson535

congratulations, you completely disregarded everything i said in the proposal. worldedit lag is a real thing, GOOGLE IT! yes, some players will leave, but they are here for the wrong reason, and not many people at all will leave and the impact of this will only be positive

4. BiduBR

Retired Staff

i really dont understand what "key points

PS when i play on the server (a lot) i always check the tps evry 5 mins and 99% of the time it is at 19+

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mas281

• Calm down
    • There is a list of banned blocks so you can't spawn sand with worldedit. Also Asyncworldedit means that players who get 30 fps still won't lag.
    • If you want to change MegaCraft then you are better of making your own server. We are not going to stop players from having worldedit

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RodneyWayne_

Well said.

7. Feueristic

Well , the words and the title is not matching.
    1.you DO know here's megacraft , the server owner is not you.
    also megacreative is here as this. If you disagree or think the server should not be this , leave is your friend
    2."//hsphere 1 500" you DO know megacreative have only 145x145 plot , i spammed it on my plot and nothing crashes.
    3.over half of the post is meaningless. I compressed the whole post and this is the result:
    "Pleas lat onli ranked players hev worldedit bcuz thay greef me and tri to lag teh serva"
    4. So many false statements , no explanation

8. jackson535

ignorance. you are all oblivious to the mistakes of this server. OBLIVIOUS!

9. BiduBR

Retired Staff

free world edit isnt a mistake its a privilage

the other thing i would like to say is that if worldedit was only for ranks some players that cant connect to forums wouldnt be able to get it, lots of players sometimes put the wrong email while registering and they cant change it, it would be unfair for those players not having the perk and lots of this players are dedicated megacraft members

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dabomberownz

Retired Staff

There are rarely any crashes on the server anymore, lag is common when we have lots of players on but is usually resolved. Honestly, I don't see why worldedit would be taken away from people -_-

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Hello jackson535. First of all, thank you for your suggestion. You seem to have gotten a lot of hate so far, but we as a community need to keep in mind the suggestions of everyone.

Now, before I begin explaining the logic behind our decision to allow WorldEdit for all players as well as the reasons why it works, I want to pose a simple question. Would you go into McDonalds and say "The food here is really unhealthy. If you guys instead cooked the food longer and more properly as well as used more expensive yet healthier ingredients, your food would be a ton better." Seems somewhat logical, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of McDonalds? If I want nice food, I could go to a sit down restaurant and eat. However, if I want a quick bite to eat that doesn't break the bank, I go to McDonalds. The same logic applies here. I founded MegaCreative more than a year ago because I wanted to give players an amazing Creative Minecraft experience without requiring players to jump through hoops (voting, ranks, donations, etc.) in order to gain access to WorldEdit. If I took WorldEdit away from the masses, MegaCreative would be the same as any other run-in-the-mill Creative server.

As to your arguments, I would like to say the following:
    Really...? Trust me, a "jackson535" lag machine isn't anything different than normal "lag machines." I've seen plenty of effective lag machines. Heck, I've even made a few myself for the purpose of testing. Please don't act like your anything special. This was likely what made a lot of people immediately aggressive towards your suggestion, trying to act pretentious.

True, however I have made extensive modifications that prevent most of those problems. I have not run into any lag issues with any of these things in over half a year. The only thing that might qualify is water, which causes client-side lag more than server lag.

I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. Let me direct you here: https://github.com/SBPrime/AsyncWorldEdit. That is the AsyncWorldEdit source code, the system that we use to ensure WorldEdit does not cause the high amounts of lag it can cause in its vanilla form. You will note that almost everything is run in a separate thread except for block modifications. That means block getting, calculations, etc. are all done on a separate thread that has no affect on the main server thread. If you are not fond with the way Minecraft servers function, the main server thread performs the majority of operations for normal gameplay. Anything that causes the main thread to lock up (aka doing massive calculations/operations) will result in lag. Since AsyncWorldEdit alleviates the main thread of these intense calculations, there is no fear for lag. Furthermore, calculations are withheld for areas outside plots that the player owns. Since plots are only 145x145, anything done outside the plot will not undergo the same intensive calculations.

In conclusion, next time you submit a suggestion, please avoid using a passive-aggressive tone or a pretentious attitude. While your suggestions are legitimate and have been things we have considered in the past, we as a server have decided that it is the best interest of the community and the players to keep WorldEdit access for all. Furthermore, before you begin discussion of a highly technical topic, please ensure you have a full understanding of all the parts in play. Having a lack of understanding of even one aspect can render an argument irrelevant.

Thank you for your suggestion and I hope you continue to enjoy playing on MegaCreative!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. dooff

Retired Staff

Map x, y and z coords to -1 to 1 range(3 steps per block)
    Calculate x^2+y^2+z^2 (5 steps per block)
    If x^2+y^2+z^2<r^2 (r^2 is not calculated for every block), mark the coordinates in a boolean array (worst case: 2 steps per block)
    Scan all internal coordinates and mark them false (worst case: 2 steps per block)
    Copy changes (worst case: 2 steps per block)

So a naive algorithm is O(n) for n blocks or O(m^3) for radius m. Pretty good to be honest. Btw, that puts sketching at about 12 steps per block. My JVM runs about a billion bytecodes per second. That means sketching(even for millions of blocks such as whole plots or larger) takes a fraction of a second. And my computer's not even that good. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1