Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft vs. Mojang

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by orangeflurry, Sep 18, 2014.

?

What do you think of the buyout of Mojang?

1. I think this will mean great things for Minecraft!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I can see good things, but I'm a bit nervous of the change.

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. This doesn't look good, but I'm not completely against it.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. I'm pretty much against this move to buy Mojang, and I wish Notch stuck with it.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. ErrantFox

As everyone knows, Microsoft bought out Mojang, and such thing have brought heated debate and many cranky people...Many have taken the liberty to spend hours filling up the chat bars with such debate, so I'm giving you the opportunity to debate in a fun environment that can manage explosive replies, several posts, and all that someone asking for a heated debate could ask for. Disagree, qualify, or agree with the move to buyout Mojang for $2.5 Billion/€1.94 Billion/£1.53 Billion in this Special Edition Post!

2. lzongolo

I am not sure about their decision to buy Mojang, and I don't know if this thing will end up good or not. However, if they paid 2.5 billions (USD), they might know what they're doing.

3. ErrantFox

Please, feel free to post your opinions and give reason down here in the comments!

4. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

I believe microsoft will make some good things with minecraft, but also they need to get their 2.5bil back from somewhere and i dont think they will just wait people to buy minecraft for that money. They might give us something new, that u can buy with real money, such as 3D skins or something extra like that.

Realms will probably be one of their goals to improve, also if they get more people to intrest about it, they will simply get some money out of it. What means they will be closer to 2.5bil goal. (I'll wait what they will do with realms)

All i hope now is that Microsoft wont change something that is now free, multiplayer. Like on xbox 360 you need to pay real money to earn multiplayer/online time , hopefully this wont happen to mc.

We will see, i hope for the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. zLynn

I feel a bit shaken, I hope "Microcraft" continues to grow, but knowing microsoft, many things that used to cost money wont... so idk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Feueristic

My only opinion :

Will Microsoft™ add banana and toilets to Minecraft?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

Thats not opinion, thats question.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 10hannahm

Retired Staff

I hope they add both :p

9. Jossieboy

I can honestly say this is not good for minecraft, if Microsoft does not handle with care. they have bought a community basicly, one that they've never dealt with before, now, that being said, I am happy about the fact that they released info over the terms and conditions and what not, youtube and minecraft will be as they were before the transfer, what I am afraid of is, that the updates will be either coming out later, or slower.
    I hope Microsoft thinks before they do big server multiplayer related stuff, such as the EULA and the terms and conditions.
    In my opinion it shouldn't be what they're going to add to the game, but rather, will they keep the community intact?
    I do see some good things that may happen, but does it outweigh the bad?? I guess we'll see that in the future.

Also, I thought I would never see the day Notch would sell out, and as he doesn't have a voice in what's going to be added/changed in the minecraft community... it'll be a bit scary.
    But let's end this on a high note and stay positive, I'm sure Minecraft will keep doing well, as it is one of the most talked about games on PC.
    -Jossie

10. RodneyWayne_

Microsoft be like: $5.99 PER MONTH FOR MULTIPLAYER

11. dooff

Retired Staff

Making it pay to play is probably not in their best interests. Also, Mojang crew are still there and can argue on terms. To be honest, they bought some incredibly talented programmers and could make their money back easily although not quickly.

12. Brizzygrace

I heard some of the youtubers that I watch talk about it. And apparently if Microsoft changes the rights, people may not be able to upload builds, or minecraft vids to the internet. Any one know if this is true?

13. Jossieboy

They stated that they would allow all youtubers/builders to upload freely from what I've heard

14. PunchiBunch

Well i think positive about this thing. They paid 2.5$ Billion. If they fail, it would be a unforgattable thing.But if it turns out good, it's going to be unforgattable thing in a good persective. (Sorry for my bad english)

15. Dabomberownz

Retired Staff

And nearly a month on and we've seen no change :p

16. Wilderfox

They have no reason to change something that already works. You don't spend that much on a company to completely change the system.

17. Oddhampton

I've heard they will make Villagers talk, but it's going to be like Siri voices...
    It would have been cool if they used the voices from Element Animation :)

18. exoticJai

I don't know, it could be good. But it seems slightly like it could be bad.

19. exoticJai

I guess what I mean is that Microsoft could mess up the servers and such. I don't know.

20. ironicmemexd

Face it... Now that notch left Jeb can add toilets. We're doomed.