Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Priorities... Priorities...

Discussion in 'AJGaming News' started by BlueFusion12, Nov 19, 2014.

1. BlueFusion12

Retired Administrator

Hello everyone. This post is something I would like community feedback on, so please read it and respond so that your voice can be heard!

Within the last few weeks, a lot has happened. School is slowing down for me, giving me more time to focus on developing for MegaCraft. Similarly, I have had a lot of new projects ideas for MegaCraft as well as other projects that are a continual process. However, I constantly find myself jumping from project to project, never really getting anything close to ready for production. I'm starting to feel like this guy...

Thus, the reason for this forum post. I would like to know what you guys think with what project I should prioritize my time with getting done. These are the following ideas/projects I am either working on or have done some form of planning for and a brief (lol not really brief) description of each:

• MegaGames (minigames network)
      • This has been something I've been talking about for over a year now, however is something that is very much still an idea, and thus, if chosen, I would love to have your input on it as a whole.
      • Basically, the server would be split in to 3 teams (names pending) that would be assigned on first login (you can change your team once). These teams would then compete for game points by playing minigames on the network of games that the server would have. Each win or loss would reward a certain amount of points, with extra being awarded for special things or achievements. These points then contribute to your team score. Thus, every player has incentive to work towards improving their team score. At the end of each week and month, the team with the most points would receive some form of reward, with the game then restarted for the next month.
      • Games that would likely be present at launch
        • MegaPvP
          • A custom pvp game with magic powers/abilities/cool stuff that would encompass many different gametypes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, etc.
          • Also a never-ending pvp battle (think KitPvP)
        • Some form of PVE game that can be played either solo or with friends
        • Some form of parkour
        • SkyWars... maybe?
        • HG/SG... maybe?
        • Others? Suggest!
    • Pixelmon
      • A fair deal of work has already underway on this project. If you don't already know what Pixelmon is, it is a recreation of Pokemon in Minecraft. If you are still confused, a quick Google will explain a lot.
      • Our vision of Pixelmon is a MMORPG style game with quests, a story, and tons of mysteries and things to do. Work on the map has already begun, and if this project is chosen I would love to get some people to assist with the building process!
    • "Survival Revival"
      • This project is a bit more open ended, and is something that is still heavily in the planning phase. As we all know, MC2 was more or less a failure, given that very few people still play it. As Minecraft survival is still one of my favorite things about the game, I would love to create a survival experience that people would enjoy.
      • So far, I am thinking of a more interactive and social experience where working together would be necessary. Furthermore, I would like things to be dynamic and constantly changing, especially the in-game economy.
      • Ideas include:
        • some form of Guild system
        • Fully functional player markets
        • Tons of custom items that can be used in early game
        • A custom tool making system
        • A separate Guild/PvP world
        • A return of achievements
        • A city system that will replace the broken Kingdoms plugin.
        • A custom skills system (similar to MCMMO, but exclusive to MegaCraft and a ton better)
        • More ideas? Suggest em!
    • Minecraft Dungeons/Labyrinth
      • This is a project I have just recently started and has already proven to be one of my favorites. This could either be a separate project, or could be including under the "Survival Revival" or the MegaGames server.
      • Basically, the idea behind Minecraft Dungeons is a randomly generated dungeon system that creates exciting and challenging dungeon-like maps, each with different challenges that must be completed. The dungeons would be procedurally generated, and thus would be different every time. Furthermore, the dungeons would differ based on difficulty.
      • Another ideas is a persistent Labyrinth-style game. This would involve a massive maze (think 7000x7000) that would be generated randomly each with with tons of challenges like Bosses, traps, loot rooms, and a dynamically changing maze. I've already gotten the maze-generation algorithm built, but this would still take a while to complete.
      • The reason these two games might be well fit with the other ideas, such as the new "Survival Revival" and the MegaGames server would be that rewards and items earned in this game could potentially be either transferred to the survival system, exchanged for in-game currency, or be used to earn points for your MegaGames team.
    • Work on MegaCreative
      • The final option would be, instead of working on building new expansions for MegaCraft, I would continue work on MegaCreative. This could take the form of a build contest system, new rank rewards, or other features people may be interested in.
    Phew. That was a lot of stuff. The reason I wanted to be more open on this process was what I learned from MegaCraft 2.0. For the 5-month long development process of 2.0, I kept almost all of it a secret from the community. The result: failure. Therefore, I would like to include the community more in the planning and decision making process of the future of MegaCraft. Therefore...

Your Job: Pick one of the ideas from above that you want me to focus my time on (or suggest another!). I'm not doing a simple poll because I want more than a number of people that want something, but also the reasoning as well as any additonal ideas you may have. Be creative, and get excited for an awesome future for the MegaCraft server!

~ MegaCraft Team

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. lzongolo

My favourite one is the minigames server, but I also think you shall focus on improving the survival server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BiduBR

Retired Staff

What i am probably the most excited in is the Mc2 revevial because since i joined megacraft (no ofence) its being pretty dead and i would love the see something new kinda in a community/faction way. I do also think that the mini games revival would be nice because you simply can nice and easly have some quick fun with friends. My survival suggestions are like a guild base sorta deal when you can with your guil buy a base on the guild world and go expanding and expanding until you dominate the world >=] muahahah. I would also suggest something like classes that you can go constently upgrading ex 1 fighting class and 1 utility class
    Fighitng class examples: Tank (the guy who has the most health probably wil be the slower one) Knight(strong agile but not a ninja it is the mid way avrage class) Archer(bow and arrow and faster then the others and more mobile

Ultility classes: Miner(good pic) Lumberjack(good axe) Digger(good shovel)

Some thing like /warp arena or /warp pvp would be nice also well i guess those are my suggestions :p:p

4. ironicmemexd

First of all, let me state that you are awesome bluefusion. You've worked a really long time on the server. Anyways, let me suggest for you to focus on the minigames, because the pixelmon isn't as accessable as it. It would be really cool, and I've always wanted to build a minigame server. At least since I got minecraft XD. But yes, focus on the minigames to attract more people.

Note: I will spam you with more ideas. MEGACRAFT FTW!!!!!!
    (for the win)

5. ironicmemexd

I would also recommend that if minigames is created, the three teams would have a large lobby for each team, and a lobby shared by all.

6. ironicmemexd

All of a sudden I reaaaaallllly want to build a cops n robbers map in the minigames 0.0

7. The_Kadrek

Retired Administrator

Hey Blue,
    So here is my opinion or preference, whichever..

I personally would enjoy minigames. My reasoning is as follows..
    1. Something new, different, a lot of room for custom stuff that can give an even more unique experience on Mega.
    2. I know a lot of the older players that have been here for a while have been asking for this and would give those who may be bored of most everything something more entertaining and fun to do.
    3. I feel like this leaves the most room for growth; essentially, the new rave of MC can be easily added assuming its a mini-game or possibly converted into a mini-game, Thus, giving us the most room for whatever we wanna' do or whatever the people want etc.
    Here is why I didn't choose some of the other ones..
    • As for Pixelmon, I feel like this has a very restricted and limited player base. I'm not saying there aren't players, but I just couldn't imagine conjoining a Pixelmon server with MegaCraft because out of our roughly 50-60 players now, I'd guess only about 20% would be down to go through the trouble and download the mods and learn the game. Maybe I'm wrong or this is irrelevant, but just something I was thinking about.
    • For the survival rework, I feel like unless it is something very theme-centered or something insanely unique and new, it just wont yield much player-base for the amount of time it will require, Ya' feel? Like, Mega 2.0 was absolutely fine. I don't think it was this that sparked the exodus of players, it was the creative/WE server. The whole thing about the original server was the community, so when the community left for the WE server, so did everyone else. Basically, it wasn't the survival changes, it was just the new opening/game-style. So that's why I think survival wouldn't really be worth the time as of now. not saying never, just saying, for the time being, we have more productive choices.
    • Dungeons system: Sounds like a fun idea, maybe just include it under the mini-games system like you mentioned?
    • I definitely think improvements to the creative server is important, but as of now, it seems to be working. The saying goes, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it„. I'm not saying never change anything, but for now, its working, so we can focus on other stuff. When the time comes where people demand more or are bored etc, then.
    TL;DR:
    -Mini-games pls
    -other stuff is cool but takes too much time or is unneeded atm

8. LeDerpyAria

I think that both the Survival Revival and MegaGames are both things that should be worked on, but a lot of people seem to want minigames in Mega, yet Survival definitely needs to be saved. Honestly, I don't really know which one I actually prefer, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose the MegaGames.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ironicmemexd

^
    Totally agree! Although long, you're right The_kadrek!

10. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

I kind of want survival to be reset and bring the basic commands back. Guild idea sounds awesome too!

What ever you choose to focus on, I would like to help with it :).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  11. julanica

I think the minigames sound really fun.
    And then the Survival ideas you have sound like a lot of fun to. I think those two would be good.
    I really wish we could get a few of the orignal people back to.

12. leebisa

I think you should work on survival because I think the return of survival would be class bai

13. RodneyWayne_

I'm looking forward to the "Survival Revival"

14. Dabomberownz

Retired Staff

Minigames, even though survival minecraft is the only reason i play the game but this idea of guilds etc looks over complicated in my opinion..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. _JEM

Battle room idea i had on old website ;)

16. MetaMutation

Alright, so here's what I think should be Worked on from most important to least important:

1. MegaGames
    • MiniGames Servers are the most popular type of MC server right now, which would bring on more people.
    • From what you explained, this seems like a really cool idea! :)
    • What I would like to see on it:
      • IMO you are not a credible minigame server without some kind of Hunger/Survival Games lol
      • Your MegaPvP idea
      • KitPvP
      • Maybe an Arcade mode? (A bunch of Mini-Mini games)
      • Whatever is the most popular minigame at the time

2. Minecraft Dungeons/Labyrinth
    • This sounds like a really fun minecraft (minigame?) thing, i cannot wait to be able to play this one day.
    • If you want to make this its own kinda thing, and you dont like the prison server idea below, I think those ranks may fit this well.

3. Pixelmon
    • Sounds Great, I love Pokemon so yeah!
    • As a response to what (I think?) Kad said, I think if you advertised a Pixelmon server it would attract new players to it, which may also have them check out normal MegaCraft.
    4. MC 3.0/ Survival Revival
    • Ok, True MegaCraft 2.0 (playerwise) was a flop, I mean when I get on 2.0 i'm the only one on most of the time.
    • I may be a little bit biased, but i DO NOT want to see 2.0 go yet.
    • I believe that You created a great system, that in my opinion is fun, and does not easily get old. :)
    • Survival is pretty much dead everywhere, so yeah...
    5. MegaCreative
    • DO NOT FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN
      • I say, this so that if you beigin to focus on improving the MegaCreative server, don't try to change it its successful!
    • Although one thing I would like to see is a RP private chat thing.

Just An Idea I had, how about a prison server? With like a theme related to the ranks below, I dont know, some dont really relate to a prison server (BloodSoaked) but whatever. By this I mean an OP Prison server though to where it doesn't take a year to get past A. Also, if you did this instead of having A-Z, you do something like:

Peasant-> Citizen -> Apprentice -> Novice -> Warrior -> Vigilante -> Slayer -> Knight -> BloodSoaked -> Warlord -> Hero -> Experienced -> Prince/Princess -> Master/Mistress -> King/Queen -> Lord/Lady -> OverLord-> Knowledgable/Wiseman -> Pope -> MEGA -> God

• Although to get God its pretty much impossible, like say to get mega is 1 million, getting God is 1 Billion
    • P.S. When I put God I was not trying to insult anyone's religion, sorry if I did.

That's all I got, see you guys on the Server! ~MetaMutation

(and I am very sorry for the rainbow i just caused on your screen)

• Like Like x 1
  17. GangsterDragons

I really like the pixelmon idea. a new pixelmon server would give me an excuse to get back to playing it (And download it on this PC)

18. GangsterDragons

And, if u were to make the Survival Revival just... remove the buying claim blocks or at least give us more startnig ones.... it gets really annoying when you like big houses to only have a 10x10 area at first! But thats just my opinion

19. Mas281

Personally i think "MegaGames" because i like the idea of 3 different teams, the only problem is that there is a high chance of lots of good players grouping up and all joinning the same team, so maybe there should either be a team player cap or a first-come-first-served team system. I also like the idea of the dungeon thing and SkyWars... oh beloved SkyWars. I sttill play it on some servers but since I started playing MegaCraft I don't play it that much. I would also like the idea that anyone in the communitym could help the developement of these ideas, maybe helping code custom-plugins for it if possible. If there is any way I or anyone else could assist in these processes, let us know! @BlueFusion12

20. xKA3x

PIXEL*MON :D