Menu

play.AJGaming.net Click to Copy

Players Online

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Program: Learn to administrate your own server!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Represented, Jun 25, 2015.

?

If this idea happens, how should someone get into the program?

1. Donation: 1-15 USD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Donation: 15-40 USD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Application: App like the mod apps

60.0%
  4. Rank: Have a donation rank

20.0%
  5. (Other Idea; please state below)

20.0%
  1. MC2Squared

Hey guys, Squared here. I had a good idea that I was wondering how the community felt about. I was thinking the server could run a 5day-1week camp on the server, where you'd learn to administrate your own minecraft server OR become staff on one! I thought this would be a good way to either reward donors, or bring in new donors to do this. Now if you've wanted to be mentored by staff, this would be a great learning experience.

Please before negitive ratings are placed, please explain you concerns and I will try to address them.

Heres a breakdown of what I imagine would be taught:
    • Server basics (essentials breakdown and mainstream knowledge)
    • Professional Mannerisms (Using language with maturity)
    • Greif Repair (How to fix greifs of any size)
    • Recruitment (How to find good, trustworthy staff)
    • (Please comment any other ideas you'd like to be proposed)

I also think this would be a great way for @The_Kadrek and @BlueFusion12 to recruit new staff, and get to know them way better then moderation applications could do.

TL;DR:
    If you ever wanted to learn to be a staff member, now is your time to shine. It would help you get to learn about the owners, and let the owners learn about you.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    • Creative Creative x 3
  2. DonaldJohnTrump_

Before there are comments about liking this or not....You should explain the details of that would be taught to people exactly because honestly there isn't that much to know to be a MOD (The first staff rank anyone would get). Just please explain what you are thinking because I am sure that I am not the only one questioning what could be possibly taught. Anyways that's all I have to say for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. hbl

hbl

If the summer program is going to happen on the server, it should be on a seperate server. Can this also be features multiple times as in this schedule?

Summer Camp - July 5th - July 12th

Summer Camp - July 17th - July 24th

Summer Camp - July 29th - August 3rd

The summer camp diffrent dates are not for advancing, but for an oppurtunity to join. As in the first 5 days will be about the server stuff, and the second five days and third five days will showcase the same things as the 1st set of the 5 days. The rests in between are a break for everyone, and another set of applications. Or the applications can be before the actual summer camp begins. The multiple 5 days thing is an oppurtunity for more people to join the summer camp. This is an opinion and should not be held seriously.

4. hbl

hbl

Also, if you where to pay to get in, I would donate instead because the donation ranks are forever but the summer camp is not.

5. DonaldJohnTrump_

Also staff doesn't have time to train anyone. I am just going to tell you now that this will not work......

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MC2Squared

Will do, adding those in momentarily. Thanks.

7. MC2Squared

I see where your coming from with this. I personally feel it should be held all in one session (Ex. 1 week). If it did happen to be broken up, there is a chance it can complicate people schedules. If it was held continuously, I imagine it would reduce the possibility of people not being able to attend.

As for the applications, I would think it should be before the camp starts, and you would not need to fill out another, as it would get irritatiing (for me atleast).

I really appreciate your optinion, It really helped construct this plan.

Best Regards;
    -mc2squared

8. hbl

hbl

Thank you, but I did say that the different weeks should be for different people as in A, B, C, D, E, in the first week, and then people F, G, H, I, J, in the second, and so on. I also hope that the applications will be before the first set, so if the first 5 accepted apps are in set 1, then the second are in 2, and so on.

9. MC2Squared

Smart thinking. I'll make sure to remember that.

Sincerely,
    -mc2squared

10. hbl

hbl

Ok. Got it

11. MC2Squared

I understand this may not work; but you only can attempt the idea to see the outcome.

Thanks for the warning anyways, helps keep me aware of others predictions.

Best Regards,
    -mc2squared

12. MC2Squared

**More Suggestions Wanted!***

13. Jeqqe_

Retired Staff

So this "Camp" would be like somekind of staff training?

Also I dont understand what do you want to know about being a staff member. Do you want to learn how to deal with people on the server and want to know how to ban Or kick people or more like config/coding stuff. And also how would it work, people would just read chat when staff member tells them history of essentials and ban hammer or more like lesson with actual voice on ts?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. hbl

hbl

That's what they are saying :p

15. Shreks_Wet_Nips

Well, I think they should teach things that most players don't know. For example, Ample.

16. hbl

hbl

No, this summer program is clearly over the subject of servers, if not then it is a new way to recruit/teach new staff.

17. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

Since this recruiting is NOT being done by Mega staff, it sounds like a recruiting staff for your own server. Also, it seems strange you are teaching how to be a admin, yet each server has different programs and different commands allowed for each staff levels so what you may know might not even be usable on a server here on Mega. My 2 cents worth

18. hbl

hbl

If the recruiting is not going to be done by MEGA staff, who is going to do it?

19. MC2Squared

Here's the answers to your questions!
    It'd be more of a "learn the staff's role" thing. Basically I invision things like greif repair, professional mannerisms, most commands done by staff, etc. It would be hosted via TeamSpeak, Almost in a Online-College-Seminar way. I imagined a SMALL server would be temporarily run within the dedicated box. It wouldn't be what seems to be a "Bring Your Child To Work Day", More as if a training for a staff position.

Hope this helped.
    -mc2squared

20. SomebodyButMe

Retired Staff

So it is a advertisement for another server then where you can't get people on your own and advertising a "camp" to get people on your "small private" server

• Like Like x 1